KB888111

MtK

If you find a way let me know.  I spent 3 weeks emailing back and forth with M$ without any solution.  I gave up and install it first from Runonce then install my sound card drivers.

According to MS, the idea is to manually integrate it with svcpack.inf, but I want it XPCREATEd & not manually...

Huh? I already told you how to do it, MtK...

You should just put all the files in the I386 directory, also the portcls.sys file. You can compress them if you want.

Then add the necessary entries to the dosnet.inf file. (Check RyanVM's updatepack manual instructions for that)

Last, but most importantly: add this to your dosnet.inf file:

[ForceCopyDriverCabFiles]
portcls.sys

and the new portcls.sys in the i386 directory will be used.

Of course you could also just use RyanVM's updatepack, which will simply update driver.cab...

Huh? I already told you how to do it, MtK...

You should just put all the files in the I386 directory, also the portcls.sys file. You can compress them if you want.

Then add the necessary entries to the dosnet.inf file. (Check RyanVM's updatepack manual instructions for that)

Last, but most importantly: add this to your dosnet.inf file:

[ForceCopyDriverCabFiles]
portcls.sys

and the new portcls.sys in the i386 directory will be used.

Of course you could also just use RyanVM's updatepack, which will simply update driver.cab...

sorry, I have no intentions of doubting your method, Bâshrat the Sneaky, but I'm looking for the XPCREATE way (or any other automatic way) of doing this (not manual)...

but I'm willing to try it know that I see there is no answer from XPC experts... :P

I will try it on my next attempt...

My only thought has been to run it as a DetachedProgram called by winnt.sif so that the relevant files are copied before hardware detection. I don't know if it would actually work, though.

will it work, if I manually integrate this into my CD, & then add the other hotfixes?

if so, could you guide me through? or show me some link (to a guide)...