Why do you consider XPlode to be difficult to use?

Alanoll

The point of guides is to get past the so called common sense issue.

My common sense told me to not bother with xplode, because it did not give me a way to get started!

It didn't say look at the examples right from the start. ( again going back to putting in a simple how to get started section right at the begining )

My common sense said WPI is better because I could see and figure out where to get started.

I try not to be rude, especially since I will probably need most of you to help me at some point, But....

Instead of being smug jerks about it, take the constructive critizism and simple add a section at the begining telling us where and how to start.

How hard is that?

My common sense told me to not bother with xplode, because it did not give me a way to get started!

It didn't say look at the examples right from the start. ( again going back to putting in a simple how to get started section right at the begining )

My common sense said WPI is better because I could see and figure out where to get started.

I try not to be rude, especially since I will probably need most of you to help me at some point, But....

Instead of being smug jerks about it, take the constructive critizism and simple add a section at the begining telling us where and how to start.

How hard is that?

Here's the problem with that statement....

I expect you to START and understand the process of batch file/runonceEX before moving on to XPlode/WPI/WIHU or similar ADVANCED methods. Since we EXPECT you to know how to start something doing setup, there is NO NEED for a repeat of it in the ADVANCED methods. Wait, that's that you're asking? What about the switches for XPlode? Well...that's what the documentation is included for. It details the switches, but we have no need to specifically say "Enter this into CMDLINES.TXT to have XPlode start during setup" as we EXPECT you to already know this once progressing to XPlode or similar. Even WPI doesn't tell you to put it in CMDLINES.TXT.

Perhaps I've gone on a complete tangent to what you were trying to say, I don't know. But this is my general way of teaching and doing things. I start peopel with the basics, prior to advanced stuff. As a analogy, let's take math. It'd be like a Calculus teacher explaining how to add two numbers. They don't, they expect you to have already learned that.

XML is one of the easiest languages to pick up, especially XPlode XML as it's mre of a simplified form. XML isn't really a language anyway. Just a way to store data and access it easily.

We tell you to start looking at the examples, and such. By the way, you never actually responded to my other XPlode page that didn't make it into the guide? Is that helpful?

No the only thing I admited was I didn't know where to start.

And if you would read the entire thread, you would see that, I am admittedly code impaired, and trying to learn.

So the assumption that I would know what to do just by looking at the code is silly!!

I have answered the question, if you would rather insult and be smug low self esteem jerks then please feel free just don't ask the question if you can't take the answer.

I would think the whole point of this thread is to find a way to make xplode

not put us (us being the less coderifc amoung you gods :wacko: ) off.

I have said my peace, I will only look at this one more time to make note of the one's who feel the need to insult me, to be sure not to ignore them in the future.

How hard is that?

Here's the problem with that statement....

I expect you to START and understand the process of batch file/runonceEX before moving on to XPlode/WPI/WIHU or similar ADVANCED methods. Since we EXPECT you to know how to start something doing setup, there is NO NEED for a repeat of it in the ADVANCED methods. Wait, that's that you're asking? What about the switches for XPlode? Well...that's what the documentation is included for. It details the switches, but we have no need to specifically say "Enter this into CMDLINES.TXT to have XPlode start during setup" as we EXPECT you to already know this once progressing to XPlode or similar. Even WPI doesn't tell you to put it in CMDLINES.TXT.

Perhaps I've gone on a complete tangent to what you were trying to say, I don't know. But this is my general way of teaching and doing things. I start peopel with the basics, prior to advanced stuff. As a analogy, let's take math. It'd be like a Calculus teacher explaining how to add two numbers. They don't, they expect you to have already learned that.

XML is one of the easiest languages to pick up, especially XPlode XML as it's mre of a simplified form. XML isn't really a language anyway. Just a way to store data and access it easily.

We tell you to start looking at the examples, and such. By the way, you never actually responded to my other XPlode page that didn't make it into the guide? Is that helpful?

As for your xplode page that didn't make into the guide, I thought I did respond and say it was, I aslo asked why it was not in the guide.

as for the rest of the statement, the main problem is that assumptions are being made.

I actually came across xplode and wpi, and this sight, by way of nlite's website.

And never actually saw the guide until after much explorering.

So I was put off by xplode before ever seeing a guide, thus you point doesn't work.

without the guide I was able to figure out wpi and nlite( who couldn't figure out nlite right) xplode just made no sense and Plainly did show me where to start.

You Asked a question I gave an answer and instead of taking an objective look at it and comming up with way to do it or just not. I get insulted

what's that? that's not helping me, that not teaching me how to use it.

I am coompletely self taught, I know how to read guides I can figure this out on my own, that is not the point. I simple answer the question "why do you consider xplode hard to use?"

That being said you guys figure it out. I wrote it off a long time ago since I have no need for the pretty gui anyway.

thx

No one is insulting you. The only thing you hear from me or anyone else is facts. If I wanted to insult you I would turn 10 all over again and cause a roar. Not having the willingness to look and compare is LAZINESS if thats not, then I dont know what is. The only person insulting others is YOU.