did you know that xp sp3 is coming out

kurt476

did you know windows xp sp3 is comming out?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. did you know windows xp sp3 is comming out?

• Yes
    • No

may be .......bcos still there are lot of bugs in XP

Like what? XP in itself is pretty un-buggy (if you know the definition of a bug). There's only a couple of true programming bugs that I can think of (such as maximized windows with the taskbar at the top) in XP itself. The rest of them are caused by malware for the most part.

dose anybudy know if windows xp service pack 3 is out on microsoft.com?

is you do please post the link here thanx

Service Pack 3 hasn't been released yet, and probably won't for a while. SP2 locks computers down pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought that I'd add that Microsoft has had the behaviour of naming post-servicepack updates with the conventional naming of the future to be service pack. Does not mean in any way that they actually DO plan on doing a Service Pack 3. Just means, if they DID, that those hotfixes would most likely be included in it.

Pretty much. It should be noted that mainstream support will end 2 years after Longhorn launches and extended support 5 years after Longhorn. That's a lot of time :P

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...fh;[ln];LifeWin

I have never had any support from microsoft beside problems with virus ,worm,spyware,adaware,trojans and keylogger ! because i have a Dell OEM-licens for WindowsXP Home with SP1 build-in dos this mean where will be Service Packs and updates long after the support end for WindowsXP Home OEM-licens on 31 december 2006 ?

Edited by the-matrix

Doesn't matter which version of XP you have. Your one on one support with Microsoft may terminate in 2006. But Microsoft's overall support, meaning Service Packs and whatnot, will be extended until at least 2011. Probably longer considering you can still use Windows Update in Windows 95. :D

Doesn't matter which version of XP you have.  Your one on one support with Microsoft may terminate in 2006. But Microsoft's overall support, meaning Service Packs and whatnot, will be extended until at least 2011. Probably longer considering you can still use Windows Update in Windows 95.  :D

What...? There was actually a Windows Update feature in Win95? Wow... now that's advanced! :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...