winbeta - on MS payroll?

FthrJACK

From MSBetas.net:

For all you "noobs" ( no offense :) ) i will explain The story behind this amazing story. Most of the Microsoft Apps and OS's Are leaked by Winbeta, Now, what most of you probobly also know is that the guy in charge is Bunnios. He leaks Most of the software for winbeta. And what was belived up to this day was that Bunnios Had a "source" inside microsoft that would Slip him software, and give him the goahead to leak it. And he would do so. But, this story isnt really true. Bunnios. AKA Gregory Knowles (as some of you knwo him ) Lives in the UK, and yes , he does leak the software, im not arguing this. BUT, what you didnt know is that he doesnt have a "source" inside MS, he IS the source. Now, that doesnt sound all that exciting, i know. But he isnt a coder, no, He is PAID by Microsoft to LEAK software.. WHy you ask? thats crazy right? well not really, think about it. is it cheaper for Microsoft to pay 100 Geeks to Test an alpha of an operating system, or is it cheaper to Pay ONE MAN, a small sum of money, to give the software to a bunch of IRC'ers , and let them test it, and complain the bugs in the channel, and then have Bunnios Give them to ms.. its free Testing for microsoft. i know this is BIG NEWS, and im not sure what will happen to me now that i have posted this.. we will see. Anyway back to my story, Bunnios: AKA Greggory Knowles, AKA Greggory Raiz, AKA Toby Salazaar, ( Im not saying any of these are his real name, because they arent) is PAID by microsoft to leak the software. And, the ONLY reason i can post this, is because they cant keep moving him from lab to lab, SO, they have cut him off. thus no more winbeta leaks.. Will miss your rls's

Now this has been said before by others, so i dont know where MSBetas get the idea that its new news, its not, its VERY VERY OLD news. BUT, i dont think theres ever been a thread about if its true or not on here.. just wondered what people thoughts on it are?

specially Bunnios if he sees this.

Everybody knew that! ... Would'n you say that it is goddamn incrediable if one man could leak all this stuff and still not get fired? ... I MS really wanted to stop stuff from being leaked, they would have done it by now don't you think????

I did not know any of that. Its beta stuff and the only beat software I use is Windows XP Retail. Have you ever considered that the operating systems of the world direct your computing activities? For example, say we never got past Windows 3.1, would we connect to the internet through proxy or would we be using telnet? And if we never got past DOS where would we be?

Why would Gates allow a person to leak his product to a handfull of interested people? Feedback to improve the product so when it is released it would be a better product meaning higher returns. But why not just build a site that allows people to download the betas and post the feedback. He would still get the same results. Would the competition scurry around in a frenzy playing catch-up? What competition?

The competition, RedHat and others are gaining ground daily and a gaining a higher market share of operating systems. You see, its all about market share. This makes M$ nervous. The Windows Operating System is the Golden Goose that lays the Golden Egg. The OS is the foundation of all things Windows. Compromise Gate's market share and be prepared to do battle, i.e. Microsoft Anti-trust Settlement.

Enter RIAA. Who is behind this? Get the picture? Enter msbeta. Who is behind this? Get the picture?

Makes perfect sense ... Only the hardcore geeks get their hands on this stuff! And Geeks is what MS needs to produce Quality feedback!

Microsoft gets free labour and we get our hands on the software of the future ... Fair deal if you ask me :)

Pretty sure we had a thread about this here on MSFN not too long ago. Anyway, my 2 cents - YES - I think it is true, and makes sense as said -- get free beta testing from those who will likely be the first to adopt anyway. Why p*** those customers off with the finished product when you can let the m use it 'before' it is released and tell you their main complaints.

LS

So you're saying these leaked betas are legal to download and MS doesn't care if you download them or not? :)

Oficially they aren't ... But what are they gonna do? Demand that you pay for a product that doesn't even have a price yet w00t