Ebay Scams?

speedz

When I Ebay I constantly see people trying to sell information on getting free electronics. Sounds like a scam. But whem I check their feedback, it's all possitive, spotless, clean. How is this? Has anyone ever bought one of those info things?

That seller is not a good example...he has only 3 sells and they are all positive but I could not find the feedback. Heck, I can do this...just get a couple of buds to go in on this with me and make the buy. No money exchanged and make positive comments. But if you are itching...try it...if if works, let us know!

LOL

Rick :)

all this thing tells you to do is setup a virtual (fake) business and tell you what companies to call for demo products. for example: call ATI (or a distributor) and ask for a demo of the Radeon 9700.. tell them if you're satisfied you'll buy 50 more to sell in your business. once you get it, you call ATI back and say you're not satisfied. most of the time, a company like ATI won't bother to ask you to ship their card which cost them $20 to make back to them. it's a stupid scam and very illegal.

In the past I have bought a lot of things from eBay. You can search msnwar and see it all. Some of it is good and some of it is not. Fortunately, I have never had a bad experience with eBay. Like speedz, I always do a background check first. Then I email a question or two to the seller and examine the response for reliability. The Power Sellers are the best though there was a recent hack that made the news where some bad guys faked a few Power Sellers accounts. A good tip is to maintain a word document on good Power Sellers and stay in contact with them any way you can. The next time you want to buy something from eBay reference your documentation and contact the Power Seller privately. Most of my buys are actually behind the scene and usually much cheaper. It saves the seller the cost of posting the ad and time. I have been fortunate and never had a bad experience.

It is very easy for these people to generate POSITIVE feedback. I have read that many many many are eastern europe/russia criminal organizations that have enough people on the 'payroll' to "buy" then give good feedback - without ever having a real transaction. However - people selling real things for a fair price are probably OK - if feedback is ok. Like everything else - beware. Also- use a creit card - so you have recourse. Almost all legitimate sellers can take credit cards (or paypal).

LS

Yeah...no bad experiences here either. I have bought lots of stuff and wondered at times if I were going to get ripped off but fortunately, I got my products as advertised. But speedz, sed just saved you $5 bucs! Hehe...If it is too good to be true, it is or it's illegal.

Rick :)