Working On Multiple Configs With One Config

Hello all,

I am modifying WPI so I can have one config file with multiple configs within it.

Basically what I have done is add a new parameter to each program where you specify config names comma delimited.

EX a config parameter may be

laptop, desktop1, desktop2

Then you are in WPI and you pick the laptop config, every program that has laptop in the config line will be selected. (make sense?)

Basically what I am planning on doing is this, when WPI first starts up it will get the computer name and set it as the default config, but you can select one of the other configs if need be.

It will sort of be the say way XPLODE does it in it's selection plugin.

Is anyone else interested in this? I am almost done, all I have left to do is to give the selection list in the mail WPI screen.

Downlaod Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/3041456/wpi_with_configs.zip.html (Link Reposted 07/13/2005)

Bern

Edited by bernr

Ok here it is.

Basically what you do is go into the Options and enter the list of configs you want

ex: Enterprise,Defiant,NX-01

Then you go into your program configs and enter which config the program goes to.

I have preset up some configs.

Then on the main screen you can pick the config you want to load.

If you have a program marked as forced it will auto check that item.

if you have a custom theme, then you will also need to modify your wpi.htm file, if you look in the included wpi.htm you can copy the section named

<!-- set up the combobox for the configs-->

If you have any questions or comments please let me know

Here is the Link: Please use link in first post

Bern

Edited by bernr

Currently it does not, but I do plan on having it do that.

I have also found a small problem in the config wizard. For some reason the Add button stopped working, hopefully I can have this fixed by this evening.

Bern

Ok I think I have the following problems fixed

1) Add button now works in the config section

2) Combo box is aligned properly

This version will also automatically get the computer name and if the name is in the list of config it will automatically select it.

When entering the computer name in any of the config sections make sure there are in all UPPERCASE.

If you have any problems or comments please let me know.

BTW this was based off of v3.5 which was posted by kelsenellenelvian on Mar 16th.

Download Link: Please see link in first post

Bern

Great job bernr! :D

There are some minor 'bugs' I noticed so far:

-the Popup box falls behind the config listbox (when hovering on 'Begin Install'

-When adding a program in the config, the category only lists 'other' and 'none', but when I save the entry, only then I can select from the categories I list in the options.

For the rest it works fine, you did a great job :D

Great job bernr! :D

There are some minor 'bugs' I noticed so far:

-When adding a program in the config, the category only lists 'other' and 'none', but when I save the entry, only then I can select from the categories I list in the options.

Known issue already it is just the way it works.

Like kelsenellenelvian stated this is a know problem with WPI, but I will take a look at it and see if I can modify it.

BTW kelsenellenelvian who do I need to talk to to make this an offical version of WPI?