Is Your Isp..as Good As Their Word..?

Dagonet'

I've had a problem with my connection for about a week...It was lacking greatly...I was getting around 2000 Down and it held it's 800 Upload...

I was on the phone everyday for a week checking in on my work order number. I use Rogers.Com...I have for years. They could not find a problem, all my tests were coming through OK..Ping Tests,Trace Routes..The only test that was not performing up to par was my Speed Test..

Anyways..They had service techs out and found the problem after double checking their DHCP server for my area..

This is only the second time in many years of dealing with them, that I've had an issue that took more than an hour to repair..I'm pretty happy with these folks at Rogers...Always top notch for me..

Speed.jpg

How Bout It...Does Your Provider Live Up To Their Terms..??

I am in the uk and use Freeola.

I have been using them for about 5 years, and have never had a problem. except when i setup my broadband router, but they talked me through it... Once i had all the settings correct, it has been fine.

However, i am now moving and have found out that because the broadband isn't actually supplied by Freeola, when i move i have to disconnect my b/band and then pay an actvation charge all over again !!!

Bit annoying but i can live with that, cos there service is excellent. May even upgrade the speed when i reconnect as the prices have just changed!!!

i'd been using a 64kbps with 8kbps d/l and 5kbps u/l on P2P. just recently shifted to a 1Mbps line which sucks big time. am online check at Mcaffee shows that my speeds fluctuate between 50kbps to 1100kbps. but persistent complaints have yeilded no results. the admin accepts this error but since the ping to their server is giving a constant 1000, he refuses to troubleshoot.

Well since we don't have any laws for the ISP's in India, there ain't nothing to be done on this.

BTW my ISP is Exattnet.

@ phoenix_nf i'm from Mumbai too. who is your ISP.

My downloads can start at 900kbs for a couple of seconds and I watch it descend to 270kbs, when things are good. There are times where I can't connect to the internet for 15 or 20 minutes and I will get one or two pages to load and then back to nothing. Mediacom. The problem is at the server, they know there is a problem, they have admited they know there is a problem, they won't say what it is and it remains unfixed for the past year. I can get through to tech help and I can talk to them for 30 minutes (these guys aren't located locally). Talking to the people at the local branch is a dead end. I have no idea what gives.

DL