Limiting Sister On Network Lol

MCT

My Sister is REALLY careless when it comes 2 downloading stuff, so, is there a way i can limit her downloading to nothing? :P its using win98, my server is using win2k3 ent. its only a p1 (hers, not mine)

ive already asked my parents if they mind me doing it, & my dad was like "if you can do it, go ahead" :D

EDIT: also is there a way 2 make her not able to send/recieve files threw MSN Messenger?

u cannot limit her to dl nothing, well u can but it'd be stupid, well wait actually do u want to disable the "save to disk" sort of dling, bc otherwise if u don't want her to dl anything just kick her out of the network.

to login to msn she has to dl & ul i'm sure u know that. as for a program i'm thinking but i dunno,

u can edit the policy of a user in xp but i dunno about 98.

i still want 2 allow her 2 browse the internet & talk on msn msgr, but thats it , i will keep looking :D how can i disable the save to disk thing?

Maybe This'll help you out.

in the internet explorer (i'm trying this on 6.0) tools -> internet options -> security -> internet -> custom levels

On that page, there is an option to turn off downloading. Maybe that'll work for ya?

for msn, you can also find out which ports it uses for file transfer, and block them. i used to block all port outwards from my computer when i wanted to get my brother off :P

How is your setup currently? Do you have a router you go through, or is it a shared connection. I know the router I have allows you to limit bandwidth on comm ports, physical network ports, time of day, etc...