Half Life 2 Problem

michaelm

I am not sure if the following problem is caused by a bug or lack of a particular action on my part.

I am approaching the end of Chapter seven – Highway 17 at the far end of the bridge and I pressed the green button in the right hand corner of the final room to deactivate the force field on the rail tunnel. (it turned to red) and the screen indicated that it was deactivated. I made my way back to the railway, but the force fields are still operating. I have repeated this a number of times, but have the same problem. Are there other actions I should have taken?

Thanks in anticipation

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

I don't think you even have to press E, I think it's automatic.

If you're using the console cheats to get everything "impulse 101" then you are already in the suit, and therefore can't get in another one. One of those things where if you have the cheats on at that point in the game, you won't get any further. Repeat that level without the cheats...

Edited by Jeremy

i think its a bug and something i've not heard about from hl2. i went thru hl2 without any problems (except having to solve the ones presented to u) and have talked to many people who did the same. it the forcefield sud come down (dnt really remember the part ur on, but i do know that i didnt have to do nething significant to get thru ne forcefield). mite wanna write to valve bout this....