Just Friends

Spyder2k

Found this, taught I'd share.

A woman has a close male friend. This means that he is probably interested in her, which is why he hangs around so much. She sees him strictly as a friend. This always starts out with, you're a great guy, but I don't like you in that way. This is roughly the equivalent for the guy of going to a job interview and the company saying, You have a great resume, you have all the qualifications we are looking for, but we're not going to hire you. We will, however, use your resume as the basis for comparison for all other applicants. But, we're going to hire somebody who is far less qualified and is probably an alcoholic. And if he doesn't work out, we'll hire somebody else, but still not you. In fact, we will never hire you. But we will call you from time to time to complain about the person that we hired.

So quick question, would you get out of that type of 'friendship' even if you loved the person? :whistle:

most fratinization is discouraged in the workplace (atleast her in the states) I have to deal with this all day long. I have to constantly remind one of the supervisors below me that our company is not his personal dating service. It does nothing but create hatred between employees and undermines the professionalism of that supervisor.

to me...friendship is friendship...no questions asked. unless they of course have some mal-intent then it's a different story. put yourself in their shoes.

and b4 u spk i was in the applicants position....and still am....

it's in our nature to always want what we can't have. now we have a way to shape that want into something that we can have. i.e. friendship

on a side note...never say never..maybe not now...but not tomorrow but someday the company will need to turn to something and if you're there you're in..but if locked up at home watching Oprah there goes your window.

that's just my $.02