Oem Branding

cut

How about posting some transparent only bmps for us to paste our own logo into and save.

Here's my lowly attempt:

• 180 pixels x 114 pixels
    Bit Depth = 8
    95 dpi x 95 dpi
    256 colours

It works fine, but I would appreciate somthing of better quality...

<Edit>Thought I'd add the colours info</Edit>

oemlogo.zip

Edited by Yzöwl

here am i :)

1st method here.

2nd method is more professional, i'll talk about photoshop. create a new RGB image (180x114) and paste (ctrl+v) your logo on a new layer (doesn't matter the background's color).

now select the shape of the layer, that is ctrl+click over the layer that contains the logo (window>layers and ctrl+click over something like "layer 1"). now you've made a selection, keep it.

now go to channels (window>channels) while the selection is active. fill the selection with white. keep in mind that black is transparent, grey translucent and white is opaque.

save the image as a 32bits bmp and ready to test.

I have not REPEAT have NOT figured out how to create a transparent bitmap background. However, if all you want to do is create an Oemlogo.bmp file for your system properties, just do a print screen, then set the background to the same color. It appears invisble. I've attached a blank for your pleasure

Oemlogo.bmp

@ SiMoNsAyS

Could you try to explain a little better in this case;

My logo is currently in 32 bit tif format. It contains a Red Channel, a Blue channel, a Green channel and an Alpha channel. The current background is already transparent and also it uses different coloured glass within the majority of the logo objects. Obviously I still wish to maintain the degree of translucency through this glass. Basically all I want is a copy of my tif but in bmp format

Do I copy the four channels to a new layer on a fresh RGB image background, highlight them and fill them with white, or just the alpha channel, or will I need to also use a grey for translucency etc.

A good bit of technical information is most definitely lacking on my part, so any help and /or links will be gratefully received.

Unfortunately as I am not rich enough to afford to purchase commercial software, I would like to attempt this using The GIMP in Linux.