Opera And Firefox

prathapml

Well, I don't oppose firefox.  Anything is better than IE. :lol:

But I don't like its slowness. Plus, I don't need to go to a deliberate-badly made page for firefox to crash - it will crash just by itself if you use it for long enough.  :lol:

(yes, I mean it - firefox is too much of a kid to handle the load I put it through - approx 300 tabs opened and closed every ten minutes. Firefox simply keeps having a memory leak and eventually crashes, whereas opera keeps going with just 4 MB of mem usage)

Old post, but I had to laugh.

300 tabs every 10 minutes eh?

So 30 tabs per minute.. so you open AND close a tab every 2 seconds? Holy crap they should study your brain for science!

Well, I don't oppose firefox.  Anything is better than IE. :lol:

But I don't like its slowness. Plus, I don't need to go to a deliberate-badly made page for firefox to crash - it will crash just by itself if you use it for long enough.  :lol:

(yes, I mean it - firefox is too much of a kid to handle the load I put it through - approx 300 tabs opened and closed every ten minutes. Firefox simply keeps having a memory leak and eventually crashes, whereas opera keeps going with just 4 MB of mem usage)

Old post, but I had to laugh.

300 tabs every 10 minutes eh?

So 30 tabs per minute.. so you open AND close a tab every 2 seconds? Holy crap they should study your brain for science!

Hehe! lol... :whistle:

Excuse me!

Before "lol"ing, try considering that ppl COULD browse more efficiently than you do...

And in any case, you aren't unfamiliar with pages that have more than 500 links. No other browser can effortlessly fulfil the task of opening all links in individual tabs.

Firefox sucks. And thats the fact.

I've been with the open source movement since the days the DADDY of firefox was still in alpha. While its commendable that its come so far, it still has a long way to go. Opera is a far more polished product.

Those who say firefox is an "open source" app, so this is all that can be expected, are missing the point. And until firefox can catch up, putting down better browsers is something that its fans rather not waste their time on...

Yeah, I just indefinitely switched from Firefox to Opera. I like how you can customize practically every part of the browser, and I love the keyboard shortcuts. Secunia says that Opera 8.01 has 0 unpatched security vulnerabilities, and even patches the java spoofing vuln. Firefox is what, 35% unpatched? Had I known that, I would have switched a long time ago. Opera is indeed polished but Firefox gets more publicity and is free so of course people want it more. I can understand that. But when it comes to the two browsers facing off 1 on 1, I do think Opera would pwn Firefox.