Free Cybercafe Timer

angel0104

my friend has a computer shop and he is asking me to help him. is there a free timer out there - - like when the customer logs in and the server just starts counting and when it logs out --- stop....

or better yet, can anyone give me a good, fast, small, flexible cybercafe timer. thanks to you all.....

I just keep it with a clock on the wall and good old paper ;)

Exactly! You have hit it on the head. :yes:

Well, there are good apps for this - but most are meant for far larger cyber cafe's or those that operate on franchise basis (with integrated member logins) across the country. And needless to say, these apps are quite expensive. And commercial establishments seriously should stay away from unlicensed usage of any kind.

Why not add a batch script to your logon script that writes a time to a file, and a batch script to your logoff script that writes another time?

This wouldn't be such a bad idea. However, there would be an issue as someone will need to monitor the server at all times for that batch file.

Hes looking for something that would dynamically enter inself into an DB when the user logs on/off the PC. However, you could write something for the ODBC driver.

I always taught that 2K/2K3 Server's ability to restrict logon hours would be a little helpful in the I-cafe biz. And you can use it through script; Net user /TIME. Also I believe group policy can be configured to auto logoff when logon hours expire.