New Version

dhs13

I would like to try this out, as it seems pretty cool and usefull, but cant get a response to the request thing that we are supposed to do. I sent it out on March 24th, and one before that as well, and havent gotten a response. I know people have other things to do, but I am just wondering if GM is away, or whats going on. So could someone just let me know if anyone knows, whats going on? Thanx. :)

Hello

I too am still waiting for an email response . . . I requested a freeware licence version on:

11 March 2005

14 March 2005

22 March 2005

05 April 2005

I did everything exactly as the author requested and I still haven't received a response.

I know this is freeware but come on . . .

Ever think that maybe GM has a life outside these forums? Perhaps there was a family emergency, perhaps his computer failed, perhaps he was in a car wreck, perhaps ANY number of different possible possibilities could have happened.

Ya I know he may have a life outside of this. I even said it in my post. I wasnt asking him for anything, all I was asking was something directed towards those who frequently visit this forum. All I wanted to know is if anyone knew anything about GM or anything like that. I am well aware that he probably has a life outside of this, as do many others. That is why I was asking those who do frequently visit the forum for their help. Theres no reason to start flaming and getting all anal about it when I specifically stated in my post that I am sure he has an outside life. And coming from a mod doesnt make it any better either. So before people start jumping all over other people, why not just take the time to read someones post, whomevers it might be, and try and understand it. Use whatever brain cells you have, which judging on the nature of this forum, you would have to be intelligent, and just think before you start getting anal and everything.

>Ever think that maybe GM has a life outside these forums? Perhaps there was a

>family emergency, perhaps his computer failed, perhaps he was in a car wreck,

>perhaps ANY number of different possible possibilities could have happened.

Well, that outside life, emergency, computer failure, car wreck or any number of other probabilities didn't seem to effect his ability to establish a last recorded activity on the forum which was 30th March 2005 - 05:24 PM. One would assume that all the unanswered "properly formatted" username/password requests made before that date/time should have been attended to if he had the ability to have been active on the forum on 30th March 2005 - 05:24 PM. Or at least the courtesy of a message telling everyone that they ain't going to get a username/password.

30th March 2005 - 05:24 PM

I think if the developer was serious about getting commercial paying customers, he would reply sooner than this. I've been waiting for more than two weeks, and for what...?...for a username and password to see if I want to spend money on this program. I would think if you (meaning the developer) wanted my money, you'd be a little more proactive in getting back to potential customers. After all, that's what a business does for its customers, right?

The "Email me and I'll get back with you later" scheme, in itself, is completely overboard; then, as if to add insult to injury, assuming you choose to comply with the highly unusual request, you get no response for a very long time (if ever??).

And before anyone asks, yes, I've checked and re-checked my requests (notice the plural on requests) to make sure ALL the information was there, and in proper order.

As far as I can tell, it's a nice program. But that will not keep me waiting for long. I would rather pay more for another application not to have to deal with all the emailing, waiting, and wondering.

If I choose to pay for this application (a big IF at this point), is this the level of customer service I can expect???

For the record - I received a reply and my username/password on the 7th April. The author was apologetic and said something along the lines of " . . . even if there was an excuse for being this late".

XPCREATE is not so much an application but a series of DOS scripts . . . very advanced DOS scripts.

It's somehow satisfying to sit back and watch the DOS window scroll through the creation process over about 20 minutes (excluding DVD burning).

Take a peek inside the file xpcreate.com . . . . very impressive.

:-)