Framedyn.dll and Srclient.dll missing

BallTongue

ok i will try using nlite and remove/tweak on a clean xpSP2 source....

I tested it on the xpSP2 source without Ryan's packs, and like you said I get no errors.....

should i try manually adding the packs to a clean source, and then use nlite? (before i was using nlite to integrate) or does it make a difference?

Salvo2002, yeah, probably that full version of Ryan's have some other critical file updated and it causes an error...I tried only Lite one.

Integrate Ryan's only without using nlite at all and see if it causes problem.

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting. I ran in to the same thing, but I didn't integrate Ryan's VM pack thorugh nlite, I did it manually afterwards (full version). Files were edited correctly, but I'm getting the same problem with these two files missing.

Very curious. I'll try to post back here after I'm able to play with it more.

I manged to get rid of the errors by adding the 2 .dll files mentioned aove. However, I can access ad/remove windows[\B] components in control panel so mabe they are not install correctly. Can someone else who has added the files please check this.....

Thanks

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Just to help you out guys...

I just checked mine which had the same problem, and here is my setup :

WinXP SP2 + RyanVM UpdPack 1.2.1

Both files (framedyn & srclient) are on the source disk

but seems not to be copied during setup process

but framedyn.dll is in txtsetup.sif

supposed to be copied but isn't

I bet it's due to the 6 trailing spaces on that line :

"framedyn.dll = 100,,,,,,,,3,3 "

Trying to simply remove those and coming back here to tell you what's up...

on 0.9.99 or something :D

just got this error too with latest beta and dutch update pack 2-5 (hp38user)

see lastsession

Me too. I've got the dll problems and the missing IE and Outlook express icons in the startmenu. So the solution should be to manualy insert the framedyn.dll and Srclient.dll? Or go to nlite advanced option and select the two dll to keep?

Is this also the solution to get rid of the missing IE and Oulook icons? :blink:

edit: I inserted the two dll's in the advanced tab and now i don't get the dll waring/error anymore. But The IE and OUtlook icons are still missing in start menu. It now says (allready did) internet and mail. When i press internet i get the configuration screen for internet explorer. The only way to get on the internet is by going to windows update :(

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same prob. Shortly after rebooting to desktop, win gives me an error, that "framedyn.dll" and "srclient.dll" is missing, or not working properly.

I've downloaded framedyn.dll and installed it into systemroot/system32 -folder. Now win doesen't give me that error at startup, but i cannot turn on - or view win firewall -panel at all.

It says WMI -service must be running or something like that. Also, i cannot install nForce4 firewall (program), because installer gives me an error, that WMI -service must be running in order to finish this install.

When i start WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) nothing happens. When restarting, service has stopped once again.

I'm using nLite 0.99.9b and i've configured the following: Intergrate Ryans hotfixes (1.2), unattended setup, few os setting. SP2 was already intergrated on this media.

So, any tips to get this WMI service fully working?

I had exactely the same problem, Also no firewall and emule was not able to work proparly because of teh firewall. I could acces the firewall but it did block some ports! :blink: I dont know what is did to solve the problem. I think i just started all over again with a fresh win xp and sp2 and so on.

Yeah, i got my win-version working again (that missing framedyn -thing). I made a new one with nLite 0.99.9 with 1.22 ryan's pack. One thing more i did differently: i changed WMI -service from 'Manual' to 'Automatic'. Everything else was quite same.