Control pc over ip with mouse/keyboard !

Giwrgos

I have done a search and since i have found nothing :no: i took the liberty to make a thread and ask about it.

I've been told that there is a client/server application that allows a keyboard and mouse control to be transferred to a pc over ip, thus making 2 mouses and 2 keyboards disappear(and useless) or ever better to get rid of the TS(where applicable).Since most users would use it to control from laptop the desktop when home.(at least that is why i intend to use it anyway).If anyone knows the name of this client/server program i would be most happy to be informed about it. :)

Thanx for reading this. I hope something good will come out.

George

The only client that is widely available is Nortons PCA (pcanywhere), Microsofts RDC (remote desktop connection) and Radmin. I know that I am forgetting to mention a few others.

There are also several other freeware versions that supply both the client/host application. Take a look http://www.googlee.com/search?hl=en&q=remo...G=Google+Search

There are also KVM switches made to control PC's over IP, but I doubt you would want to spend the money just to do this, they are not cheap.

I highly recommend using Microsofts Remote Desktop Connection (RDC). If you have Windows XP, its already built in. In addition to that, one of the main reasons I prefer RDC over any of the other previously mentioned solutions is you can also enable any sounds that your remote PC plays to play through the speakers you connecting in from.

What good does that do you ask? Well, instead of carting your entire MP3 collection around with you wherever you go, you simply connect to your home pc with RDC, load up your mp3 player of choice on it and listen away... Over a broadband connection it sounds exactly like your playing on your PC directly.

I love it.

durex i think you didnt get the point of what i want to do.The thing is that RDC rulez big time over anything that tries to emulate it,since it uses build-in functions of XP.But,what i want to do is when i go home and connect my laptop to my desktop i want to have access in the desktop pc (including output in the 19'' desktop screen) without having to traffic the output to a 15.4'' wide screen laptop.Thus having control of my desktop without having to switch keyboards and pluging the mouse to desktop.I want something like a software emulation of a hardware switch.I hope i have made clear my requirements,since english is not my native language.I thing that tight vnc will do the trick,as is well known that rdc locks the console while opened from somewhere else.

Thnx for replying and sharing your thoughts :)