BlackViper Service Configurations Registry Keys

Not exactly "Safe". I lost my ability to browse my local workgroup to send, move and copy files.... undo

enable "server" and "computer browser" services... this reg must help:

;;Computer Browser
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser]
"Start"=dword:00000001

;Server
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver]
"Start"=dword:00000001

Were you able too still see other computers when you tried going to "my network places" & then go to "View workgroup computers"? I am having this problem on an older install that I am too lazy to fix lol. I have to do this \\server\drive I want.

It's a pain in the butt. ;)

next time read 5 posts above ;)

the ; comments it out, so its not applied, if u want it applied remove the ;

Yes.. i know that... just it is not mention anywhere people might start thinking why it didn't work.

Anyway i look through this and i think the best way to do it is to look through each description of services and decide for yourself.

Sorry to bring the technical level of your discussion down a bit, but can someone just tell me this... How do you implement the service tweak on this page? Is it something like copying and pasting the info in the first post and making it into a file with a certain extension - like tweaks.reg?

I changed all my services manually using Blackvipers site after my last install, and I get the impression this automates the process. Can I get this integrated into my unattended install to? Where do I need to put it?

Thankyou

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...