memories of the good old days

sven

my mom took away the cable for the playstation (as usual....) so i had nothing to do. i decided why not pull out the gold old nintendo 64. now this brought back memories. played a few round of super smash, then a match of mario tenis. quite fun. and the graphics arn't that bad either :lol: . so much fun, brought back childhood memories.

anyone else still have their "ancient" gaming systems? lets start a new generation of gamers :D

Past moments become the 'good old days' and todays good moment will become one also.

Ok, how about this. Anybody remember Pong? Hooked it up to the tv, had two handheld controls with a dial on each. You controled the onscreen paddles that did no more than go up or down, you on your side of the screen, them on theirs. The ball moved back and forth and you blocked it's passage. You could put and angle on the deflection and increase the speed of the ball if you moved the paddle in the relative opposite direction of the balls travel. Black background, white rectangle for a paddle and a white disk for the ball. Still got mine boxed up somewhere in the basement. 25+ years ago. How's that for 'good old days', sven? More than a decade before you were even a twinkle in your daddy's eye. :w00t:

ZX Spectrum, three games I played all the time...:

1. Elite - Space trading/combat game

2. Jet Set Willy...... wicked platform game

3. Jetpac. Fly a jetpac on the moon and shoot everything.

I still have the machine and games, but the keyboard don't work anymore.

The good 'ole days eh? B) :thumbup

...  i decided why not pull out the gold old nintendo 64 ...

Now I feel even older :P. IWhen I was clicking on this topic I thought about ZX80, MSX, C64, AMIGA, ATARI... Who couald have thought that Nintendo64 was there too, hehehehe... :D

PS. I liked the Vampire Slayer (Castle Venia) from Konami (****, those guys were good). Also from them SD-Snatcher!

My Xbox rules, it is the ultimate retro machine! My xbox includes EVERY single game from all the following consoles from all countries on the hard drive (Whole romsets): MSX, C64, AMIGA, APPLE II, ATARI 2600, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear, Genesis, Sega CD, Sega 32x, Neo Geo, and lots of PSX games. I just think of an old game I used to play or played once and find it and play it. Xbox emulates the systems except N64 100% Perfect. For n64 some games to not run that fast (733MHz processcor emulating n64) The sounds are 100% exact and same with the speed and all.

anyone else still have their "ancient" gaming systems?  lets start a new generation of gamers :D

I sure do. Atari 2600. Have every cartridge I ever bought (also the manuals). I loved when they were getting rid of the system because I loaded up on those $5 specials. When I first got asteroids I played 'till I had calluses. I remember Pitfall totally rocked (mapped out the whole game). Pitfall was cool since it was the 1st game I had that instead of a dot/box, you got a guy with arms and legs!!

The only thing I was wondering... I wanted to replace the switch box that came with it with one of those "auto switchers" that sensed when there was channel 3/4 signal it would automatically connect that to the anntena port so there was no need to reach behind the TV and slide the switch. I've tried one from Radio Shack, but it didn't work for me (I think it was for an original nintendo). Has anyone gotten one to work with the 2600?