cannot login to gmail with IE (activeX)

XtremeMaC

hi there i'm trying to login to my gmail account using IE. (actually Peer2Mail)

anyways it complains about activeX and opens this page http://gmail.google.com/gmail/html/noactivex.html

well afaik i've never touched the activeX things, i only have spyware tools installed and i've disabled them, does anyone have any ideas on what i could do?

thanks.

no idea!

(well yes, ideas are there but gotta be in front of the screen there to try those :P)

First, why not just use thundertbird or opera's M2 mail-client. Because IE is best avoided!

But if you HAVE to use a browser for gMail, then opera8 (beta) supports it perfectly, and there's firefox too.

One of your spyware tools probably messed around with your ActiveX settings since those are what spyware loves to exploit in order to infect your PC. Why not go into IE and into the advanced settings and restore defaults?

Gmail is compatiable with FF.

So I don't know what it could be.

ONCE AGAIN IT USES INTERNET EXPLORER, what is the relevance with FF????

to sum it up again, i'm using peer2mail program which is used for file sharing along email. that program uses IE core to access to gmail and other email providers. and I get activeX problem when i try to login to gmail, both from the program itself and when i open up IE and type in.

it works on opera, firefox,etc.etc once again those are not the problem!

• 1 month later...