Burn ISO in XP

XPerties

[b:2e274debb5]paladin[/b:2e274debb5] - It depends on what your burning. Each one severs it purpose....Fireburner is used alot for bin&cue files, I use CloneCD, Fireburner, nero, and the built in XP burner. Its all about what your burning.

-XPerties

• 4 weeks later...

Will be ok in next version (hopefully), but right now here's its claim:

1. Can't use same device to copy cd. (can't use the cdrw as reader and burner-- must copy the cd to the hdd or have a cdr.)

2. Can't copy music cd's.

If you can (and by now are) living with applications that don't have these limitations, keep them. Otherwise it is a nice add on to XP's existing burning application.

I find it is rather slow compared to using Nero.

XPerties --

I am running a beta of their new wizard based app. This one is a bit rough around the edges - but I should have an update soon. I will post a link (or make avaiable somehow) as soon as I get the update and you can try it yourself.

LS

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that some of my read and burn options in nero are also greyed out. I am also using XP Pro. The last CD I burned I selected certain options and created an ISO image. I might add that this is the first time I used nero and XP togather when creating an ISO. Anyone else noticed this with nero? More importantly, how do we fix this. My version is 5.0.3.8

Some poeple tend to save an image of thier CDs as .iso , there are also other formats that you can do that with [.nrg , bin/cue, etc..]

Most poeple online use it to copy stuff.

Example, some poeple downloaded an iso of winxp, entered some cd key and it worked for them... etc..

The ISO Burner included in the new powertoys, pretty much adds the function of burning .iso files using the builtin windowsxp burning software.