Spyware that wont go away

hey guyz n gals long time no see anyways i have aproblem well not mine my g/fs anyways shes got a new PC all dat and just got the net she got this lil anooying box at the bottom on her IE i told her to remove wiv Ad-ware she tried nothing happend then i sed how about Seek and destory she tried nothing worked out

So anyone else Recommend a Program or a way to get rid of it?

cheers chris

p.s heres a Print screen the anooying lil bugga

Screen shot

Winspy, the utility I suggested, has a target icon (Finder Tool) that you can drag around your desktop. When you drop this icon on a control (textbox, command-button etc.) it retrives main information about the control including the process the control belongs to.

So you can just drag the 'target' over the spyware bar to retrive it's full process name, via the process tab in winspy. There's also a drop down menu next the process name in winspy that allows you to kill the process. Find the executable you just killed and delete it.

hope that helps

Hi there,

Boot the computer into Safe Mode (restart and hit F8 before the Windows login screen, just keep pressing it).

Run Ad-Aware again and Spybot. I had this problem a while back with one of my friends' computers and that solved to problem for us.

Also, to prevent this from happening again, go and get SpywareBlaster. Also, you should consider using another browser other than IE. Maxthon is a good IE based browser (so you won't have any troubles with websites not loading) and helps prevent spyware from getting onto the system.

Cheers!

the thing is my G/f likes IE betta and shes not one these ppl dat likes changing and messing about wiv PC lol she only got the Themes cuz i did it for her lol

Maxthon is very similar to IE. The only real difference that your g/f would notice is the use of tabs instead of windows in the task bar. Other than that, it's pretty much the same. I managed to convince my g/f to use it, and now she likes it better than IE!

anyways i tried thast tool and it worked on one the spware but it didnt remove thast blue bar :( hmm the problem is my G/f dont like gettin a New Brower she did have opera and she hated it and i did asctually install firefox on it but after about 2 hrs all i got was omg chris wtf dis omg chris i cant do this remove please lol i knowe the drilll anyways anything else wud do nicely cheers

hey Widnez_boy

i have THE solution for your problem. had it before myself too :)

your g/f has messenger plus installed on her PC including the sponsor, you have to deinstall messenger plus, and reinstall it WITHOUT the sponsor, should work.

If it is not working or you dont have messenger plus on the pc anymore, download it again, install it with the sponsor feature, after you done that deinstall messenger plus and the searchbar is gone :)

good luck

Well funni say dat cuz she has two pc in her house both wiv the same problem so i sed to her wat program do u have on there dat also same on here and she goes wlel only thing i can think of is MSN messenger plus so i told her to do wat u say and see wat happends i dunno work just yet due to msn being dead and all but ill post if it has or not