Why?

prathapml

Why is it that we have driver's tests, 6 years of college to become an architect or doctor, the bar exam for attorneys - but any moron making (ignorant) statements... can exert influence on the future of this country?

(this seems to be true in any country across the world. How about YOUR country?)

i agree with Tokugawapants, the main reason is people dont see the problems with what the polititians are saying. in quebec, people dont vote with their brain, they vote with their heart... well, its true with the french.

people just dont see the problems

Part of the problem is that people will follow and vote for the person that says what they want to hear. Here in the US, in the last election there was a candidate that got a lot of votes because he was good at telling the people what they wanted to hear. Bizzar thing was that he never really said anything that made sense. I know a number of people who are a whole lot brighter than I am who voted for him, even after pointing out the flaws. They just went on and glossed over what they didn't want to hear. Ask them what he said that they were voting for and they would repeat what they said before having pointed out the mistakes. They were going to vote because they liked what they heard.

Edit> I also keep in mind that the person who might lead or influence the future of a country might not be someone you would normally look to. A good leader is someone who can bring in the right people to do the neccesary jobs even though they couldn't do them themselves.

What ticked you off prathapml?

everything about politicians and politics ticks me off!

They will just as easily take bribes or offer homes for the poor as they will threaten (in my country) to invade a neighbour nation - all just for votes, they don't actually mean it. :angry:

But that's the best system of governance we have yet. The most that can happen is a hundred morons shooting off their mouths - that gives some peace of mind. If it was a monarchy or a communist system, the person might have been able to ACTUALLY carry out what they say - scary. :ph34r:

everything about politicians and politics ticks me off!

They will just as easily take bribes or offer homes for the poor as they will threaten (in my country) to invade a neighbour nation - all just for votes, they don't actually mean it. :angry:

But that's the best system of governance we have yet. The most that can happen is a hundred morons shooting off their mouths - that gives some peace of mind. If it was a monarchy or a communist system, the person might have been able to ACTUALLY carry out what they say - scary. :ph34r:

To true and here in the US, you can add another layer of disgust. A lot of politicians are lawyers also. So they write the laws and use the law. You don't hear of to many judges and lawyers being prosecuted unless it is something absolutely hideous that they have done.

"just for votes" they will say anything. Unfortunately, there are others who will do the same thing to get people to follow. And then get them to carry out what they want done.

Just take a deep breath. Remember that the politicians aren't the problem, it's the people who voted the morons into office.

Mebbe in a democracy they think 'kehne mein kya harj hai'. (that's a hindi phrase which loosely means 'there's no harm in saying things')...as long as they stick to that it should be fine..problem starts when they actually believe in those things and take steps to achieve them ....