runonceeex.cmd

ripken204

Posting Warning by Alannol

As of late, I've been seeing more and more posts that are just repeats of what's already been answered. Alot of the elder members will simply disregard your post because of this. If one can not respect others to read what has already been done, instead of having to reinvent the wheel everytime, you do not deserve an answer, I'm sorry but it really truly is a waste of time to answer the SAME question over and over.

RunonceEx.cmd Instructons READ!

also how to u even get the files u install into the "%systemdrive%\install" directory???

Comon man, stop being lazy and find out for yourself.

Im nothing compared to some of the people on here, but I can fully understand the unattended section of MSFN.

The system drive is the "$1" folder on your cd, please read, then re-read the site.

It cant be explained anymore clearly ;)

I appreciate thier is alot of info on the site, I found it hard to digest at first - but if you read before you attempt to do any CD making, then it becomes alot easier.

Also if you have to keep asking questions (that have been already asked countless of times) then its going to slow you down waiting for responses - and people wont answer because they cant be bothered, as they think you cant be bothered to use the search button.

Anyway:

Learn the OEM distribution folders:

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/oemfolders.htm

Understand why they use the location variables %Systemdrive% etc, and where each folder gets copied to on installation.

RunonceEx:

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/runonceex.htm

its just like batch files, but with different syntax to call the instaltion folders. To add a program you just copy another program code, make sure you increase the count by 1 (so it runs in an order) and make sure you call the right install file and switches.

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

This sets the registry address "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx" to a variable, called %KEY%. This saves on having to specify the full path everytime we use REG ADD.

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications" /f

This sets the title of the Window. The wording surrounded in quotations is customizable.

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Alcohol 120" /f

This sets the name of a task you want to process, and appears on the RunOnceEx window.

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\alcohol\setup.exe /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\alcohol\register.reg" /f

You can assign several tasks to "Alcohol 120" by using /V 1, 2, 3 and so on. As you can see in the RunOnceEx screenshot, the little arrow won't move to the next application until all those tasks have completed.

In short, all you really need to do is duplicate each REG ADD entry, but change the numbering and everything enclosed in quotations. If you want more information, type REG ADD /? at the Command Prompt.