OUTSTANDING AutoIT Utilities!

S0mE0nesMiNd1

I just happend to come across this Yahoo Group Located Here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AutoItList/

In the files section I came across an AutoIT Script Maker, which I must say worked flawlessly when I did a simple test. Just something that I thought would be helpful.....especially for anyone too lazy to learn the language themselves. Goodluck!

hmm if its the same app I think it is...its been mentioned a few times already...but then again...AutoIt wasn't all that hip of a way to do installs at the time.

Back in the day it was actually mentioned in the AutoIT thread prior to my hissy fit. ;)

Also I think Mhz made mention of it...and I think ?Zoster? posted about it prior to any of the rest of us.

Any ways its a quick and dirty way to do up scripts...but effective none the less.

Well hopefully it will bolster peoples comfort level to this method of doing things. :)

So good to see it getting attention again.

2Nologic: AutoIt is scripting language... Very powerfull compared to vbscript (if U dont want to use WMI or ADSI)...

But it is NOT a good way to install application using it macro capabilities!!! Only in case there is no other way (it is one step above using snapshot installations)

2Nologic: AutoIt is scripting language... Very powerfull compared to vbscript (if U dont want to use WMI or ADSI)...

But it is NOT a good way to install application using it macro capabilities!!! Only in case there is no other way (it is one step above using snapshot installations)

Umm. Yeah ok. WMI uses scripts as well?

Autoit is written in C++, it deals directly with the Windows API.

It is created for automation. i.e. Installers etc.

My years of experience with Autoit is that it can be very reliable.

Could you show some proof in what you say?

Simple...

I am installing through services - impossible with autoit... I dont need to have interactively logged on user to perform installation

It cant deal with unexpected problems, I can...

I am using autoit for creating utilities, but not for installing SW (or configure it)

Simple...

I am installing through services - impossible with autoit... I dont need to have interactively logged on user to perform installation

It cant deal with unexpected problems, I can...

I am using autoit for creating utilities, but not for installing SW (or configure it)

Please,could you show us one of your install scripts. I am interested in seeing how you deal with installation and unexpected problems.

Good find.

You need to have a yahoo account and join the group before you can download their files though.

Just to be sure, which file in their downloads are you mentioning?

AutoScriptWriter for Autoit3.zip (30 KB) ?