Winamp 5.0.8 Msi Release

Alanoll

actually....

What primarily took so long on the 5.0.6-5.0.7 was that simply I knew a new was gonna be out in a week or less...so...waste of time, that and I lost the original files from the last MSI and had to start from scratch (which is why that WAV file bug came up again...). This one, used my method of applying new files, and rebuilt.

here's the problem w/ having msiexec.exe /i code.

start /wait %systemdrive%\backup\winapp\prog\msiexec.exe /i Winamp.msi /qb INI="%systemdrive%\backup\winapp\prog\winamp.ini"

that's my command for winamp in .cmd file. as you can see, the cmd calls for msiexec.exe file instead of winamp.msi .

i searched for msiexec.exe so maybe i can put the location in the cmd file but no luck.

i'd appreciate your help :) .. again :)

@Alanoll:

With 5.08 version (i don't know older), it seems that there is a small mistake in registry value for context menu. (see attach file)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\.mp3 key should be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.mp3

thks for this repack

that was probally there after the last update for 5.0.7. As for what's different I don't think there are any real changes, except for version number.

@larciel

See, I just don't understand it with you people and trying that...

Did you see a path for msiexec.exe when I posted it? or just on the MSI? I could have sworn is was JUST THE MSI. The INI entry will also need a complete path however.

that was probally there after the last update for 5.0.7. As for what's different I don't think there are any real changes, except for version number.

This is a clean install and i had never installed 5.07 (or other) version before. It disappear when i uninstall Winamp and reappear each time i install it.

This is a clean install and i had never installed 5.07 (or other) version before. It disappear when i uninstall Winamp and reappear each time i install it.

oh no, that's not what I meant.

I had to move things around to get the XREGAUD to work (which was implemented in the second update to 5.0.7 [which lasted a few hours, then replaced with 5.0.8]), so I know where it came form and such. I should have it fixed in a few minutes.

Fixed - Redownload

"XREGAUD = Associate Audio extensions. Default = 1; Any other will disable

XREGVID = Associate Video extensions. Default = 1; Any other will disable"

I LOVE THIS! whuahahaha just had to mention...

it's really great!

But ehh... if Winamp is no longer being developed... does this mean I will have to search a new player in a while?

use MPC for all videofiles... but love Winamp for very efficient fast player with good Library and so... no other player can compete with this (Musicmatch is WAY to resources-consuming, plompy, large (>50mb) an not even ogg support)...

Regaud doesn't work correctly here...

When I go to Options>File Types, I see almost everything is selected (including video filetypes), only somethings at the bottom of the list are not selected.

this is my ini:

[sETUP]Xlibrary=1

Xintex=1

Xhotkey=1

Xjump=1

Xmodernskin=1

Xaudio=1

Xvideo=1

Xvisual=1

Xextra=1

Xregopt=1

XDesktop=0

XQuicklaunch=0

XStartmenu=0

XINET=0

XREGAUD=1

XREGVID=0

perhaps its because I have Xregopt=1, I'm not sure if Xregopt has something to do with file associations.

Also it seems I cannot enable "Launch Winamp for AudioCDs" (in the same menuscreen). I can enable it, but when I restart winamp I see it is still unchecked (so disabled).

When I insert an audioCD, Windows asks what I want to do, but "play with Winamp" or something similar is not in the list!