Winamp 5.0.8 Msi Release

Alanoll

HI Alanoll,

thanks for the update ! I did find 2 other bugs possibly, though .. :rolleyes:

First, when running Winamp for the first time after installation, Winamp showed that dialog where one can allow anonymous user statistics. I think it is the registration dialog. I have name and serial entered into the winamp.ini so thats not the cause.

Second problem is that CDDB does not seem to work although I have set Winamp to be always connected to the internet ... see pic ...

Other than that, thanks for your work and help !

Bye,

Alex

@ZileXa

Look in your registry at HKCR\.mpg and tell me what the DEFAULT value is. Also, tell me if you had the MSI previously installed on your system with the associations in place? I can't find in the MSI what's causing it, so I'm gonna have to trace it down through virtual installs.

As for the checkbox, I'll have to double check that, but they appear to work on mine.

@midiboy

WHOOPS!! Forgot that little INI entry, will be fixed when I trace down Zilexa's problem.

As for teh CDDB, what switches did you use to install?

EDIT:

The reason for the video filetypes still associating is because of a built in function in Winamp. By ME adding entries to config_extlist in the Winamp.ini file at the installdirectory, whatever is specified there is then highlighted in the File Types box, and the little check box underneath the buttons "All,Video,Audio..." is the thing the overides my associations. But the fix is simple, don't add the extensions to the list :P They will still show up in the File Types box because they're recognized from the plugins :)

The Anonymous registration box is fixed as well. And with out knowing you settings midiboy I can't trace down the CDDB error. However, I shoudl point out in a fresh install in a virtual machien with NOTHING installed, I used Zilexa's settings and CDDB was installed properly and I don't hve that error in the screenshot you posted (from the in_cdda.dll plugin properties if anyone else is curious)

Alright alanoll!

hve 2 admit that i'm pretty slow on these kinda things, but finally i got ur 5.07

to do exactly what i want it 2 do and now i'm coming back here to say a big thx only 2 find people hve moved on already 2 number 8...

well, gues i ain't need many changes,right?

1 thing thats still not working 4 me is the Xagent switch. options r 0|1, right?

well. doesn't seem 2 take it. unless Xfull overrides that switch, witch would then explain things...

but doesn't really matter anyway. solved the problem the long way round by just copying my own Winamp.ini with correct settings into the installed winamp dir...

actually just back here 2 say thanks!

have a good NY! :thumbup

sneakyghost

XFull overrides EVERYTHING i believe. I can double check, but I REALLY don't want to make the boolean expressions any more complex then they already are.

And yes, if you download the 5.0.8 MSI, you won't need to change anything from 5.0.7

Hi Alanoll,

sorry, I was not online that much lately, I just saw your reply now ...

Here´s my winamp.ini:

[Setup]
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1
XStartmenu=0
XNAME=xxxxx
XKEY=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XINET=0

I should add, that this is the same winamp.ini I used for 5.06 and it used to install CDDB just fine ....

Thanks,

Alex

Hi again,

just wanted to deinstall Winamp and reinstall using your latest msi but Winamp was not in the uninstall list in Control Panel/Software ... :rolleyes:

Maybe something went wrong with my last installation :unsure:

Was a fresh install though ...

I will try again ...

Hi again, Alanoll ...

I reinstalled Winamp now with your latest msi and everything works fine now, including cddb and uninstall info in control panel.

I modified my ini like this:

[Setup]
Xlibrary=1
Xintex=1
Xjump=1
Xmodernskin=1
Xaudio=1
Xextra=1
Xregopt=1

XStartmenu=0
XName=xxxxxx
XKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XINET=0
XREGAUD=1
XREGVID=0

I have made the observation though that even though the "father value" Xregopt had been set to 1, Winamp was not set to play Audio CD´s after an unattended installation ( had to manually tick the relevant value )

Thanks,

ALex

okay it seems I've been using an old unattended disc... wich still had MSI 5.06... stupid! :wacko:

tested the newly burned disc today... had an error in the RunOnceEx (didn't finish) but Winamp was installed correctly and I checked:

all audio file types were selected

NO video was selected :D

also I have the ability to select Winamp when I want to play AudioCDs...:thumbup

So it was my mistake! sorry! As far as I have tested it works FINE!

BUT I will test 2morrow or thursday, when I found the RunOnceEx error, and then check again.... didn't look in Regedit what the value was for .MPG... cos it seemed to work... anyways will post it in my next post in a day or 2 but so far.. GREAT WORK ALANOLL!

(btw I've set all Winamp settings as I want them, then made a silent SFX (easy with Winrar) of the winamp.ini file in programfiles/winamp... set my RunOnceEx to unpack to Programfiles/winamp after Winamp is installed... seems to work just fine! so you can not only install Winamp unattended the way u want it, but also adjust the settings unattendedly! btw I do not use the ini file of older Winamp versions with new one)

A small detail: I used the XQuicklaunch=1 switch to add the quicklaunch shortcut and the shortcut comment field says "Starts Winamp 5.0.4". It seems the version number is wrong. Might be some problem solely I experience but decided to report it in any case.

Thanks for the good work!

A small detail: I used the XQuicklaunch=1 switch to add the quicklaunch shortcut and the shortcut comment field says "Starts Winamp 5.0.4". It seems the version number is wrong.  Might be some problem solely I experience but decided to report it in any case.

Thanks for the good work!

WHOOPS!

That's just a string I missed while updating the MSI. Will be fixed. It's simply a string form the MSI, it's still 5.0.8, it's just the description of the shortcut I forgot to update.

@Alanoll:

Thx 4 clarifying that Xfull= thing.

u didn't really fix that issue with copy&paste in the name and serial box, did u?

still ain't working. i mean, not that it bothers me much since i don't use it anyway, but its definetely a thing 4 plastic surgery, don't u think?

looks better if its fixed... :D

thx 4 all ur effort.

sneakyghost

@ZileXa

Look in your registry at HKCR\.mpg and tell me what the DEFAULT value is. Also, tell me if you had the MSI previously installed on your system with the associations in place? I can't find in the MSI what's causing it, so I'm gonna have to trace it down through virtual installs.

As for the checkbox, I'll have to double check that, but they appear to work on mine.

@midiboy

WHOOPS!! Forgot that little INI entry, will be fixed when I trace down Zilexa's problem.

EDIT:

The reason for the video filetypes still associating is because of a built in function in Winamp. By ME adding entries to config_extlist in the Winamp.ini file at the installdirectory, whatever is specified there is then highlighted in the File Types box, and the little check box underneath the buttons "All,Video,Audio..." is the thing the overides my associations. But the fix is simple, don't add the extensions to the list :P They will still show up in the File Types box because they're recognized from the plugins :)

The Anonymous registration box is fixed as well. And with out knowing you settings midiboy I can't trace down the CDDB error. However, I shoudl point out in a fresh install in a virtual machien with NOTHING installed, I used Zilexa's settings and CDDB was installed properly and I don't hve that error in the screenshot you posted (from the in_cdda.dll plugin properties if anyone else is curious)

okay checkboxes work fine...:)

when I look at filetypes.. it does have everythiing selected (also the videofiletypes) except for some things at the end. This is when I don't use my own winamp.ini file.

BUT when I use winamp.ini file with only the filetypes I want, only those are selected so I guess it works fine!

In my RunOnceEx, I do mplayerc.exe /regvid (associate MPC with video filetypes) AFTER Winamp installation...

But now I checked the registry...

HKCR\.mpg:

name | Type | Data |

(standard) | REG_SZ | Winamp.File

PerceivedType | REG_SZ | video

Winamp_Back | REG_SZ | mpgfile

HKCR\.mpg\PersistentHandler:

(standard) | REG_SZ | {098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}

It seems Winamp is assoc. with videofiletypes... but I think this has nothing to do with the MSI:

When you start Winamp, it automatically associate itself with the selected filetypes in Options.

I checked the registry AFTER I had started Winamp!

If I should use my modified winamp.ini, the problem should be solved? Since it can only auto-associate at startup with the filetypes selected in the list (controlled by winamp.ini) ?

Uhm thats why I tested on a formatted system... :)

I see last update 26dec, don't remember when I downloaded mine, but will download again. thanks

EDIT:

OK so everything seems to work... but there is still something not working correctly:

(tested on formatted laptop!)

when I create a new user (has admin rights), Winamp has not been set to autoplay audioCDs AND even if I select the checkbox in Winamp Options>Filetypes, after I restart Winamp the checkbox is unchecked (if I dont restart winamp and just open Options again it is also unchecked).

So this only happens for all newly created users....

the first user, in wich all the programs (RunOnceEX) was installed, doesnt have this problem!! How strange!?