Winamp 5.0.8 Msi Release

Alanoll

I don't care if it's e or d, as long as I can finally upgrade all my computers.  :whistle:

So repack the d version with the upgrade thing fix if you listen to those guys, but anyway i don't listen to that file format so i'm not concerned by the trouble if you decide to do a new pack with the e version

I'll probally upload a fixed D for ya. I haven't decided what to do with the E.

goin up now. Should work, and not return an error about a previously installed version. As for a real and true upgrade, i BELIEVE it does one. Actually, what i believe it does, is just install over the old one :P But I did a quick test with my old 5.0.7 MSI (never released, 5.0.8 came out right after I finished making it) which had the same upgrade codes, and the 5.0.8 MSI works fine now.

So everything should work fine now. Hopefully I don't forget it if I update to 5.0.8e

Uploading now, ETA 4 minutes till complete. Both MSI and CAB versions updated.

I've never seen that odd warning...

Hey Alanoll, I am starting to encode my cds to FLAC now.. and discovered Winamp does not associate with FLAC... (even if I have a modified winamp.ini)... perhaps that could be fixed?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I searched the forum for it, but couldnt find it, sorry if im wrong :blushing:

But here are the links for Winamp 5.09

Winamp 5.09 Pro

Winamp 5.09 Full

Winamp 5.09 Lite

New:
By popular demand all "hTtP force to 'Now Playing'" support has been removed
Deletes in the Media Library now move files to the Recycle Bin
WMA Playback now works with WaveOut plugin
NSV Subtitles can be disabled on the fly
Fixed:
Authentication for OGG/Vorbis streams
Drag and Drop strange behavior in open file dialogs
Stuttering WMA On Start and Seek
NSV Video stall during buffering
Autosize of video to be accurate to the Video size not snap size
Short NSV Clips audio cutout
Update:
CD Ripping Library
Online Media tree is now dynamic (More free videos on the way!)
Sonic Install / Config flag mismatch.

if u do, pls consider adding multi-user support. nanaki made a switchless thingy that autoconfigures ur install to be limited account friendly (own thread). thx

indeed I will, Probally won't be till next weekend though (unless I decide that I've had enough studying which may very well happen). I have Finals next week, so most likely after those are done.

@eben

do explain, as I'm not entirely sure. Also, a link to that thread in question would be nice.

P.S. Ironic that I check the Winamp website last night to see if there was an update, and I didn't see anything. CURSE being two hours too early.

limited accounts can't get the media library to work, so basically the workaround replaces a dll. also edits some permissions to the installed program files folder (ntfs).

it duplicates the winamp folder, compares when closing winamp and writes the changes to a userprofile dirs instead (should be like that, but winamp devs never thought of that?).

link to the thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=44880 , many thx to nanaki for his work btw

link to the site of the plugin dev in first post

thx

limited accounts can't get the media library to work, so basically the workaround replaces a dll. also edits some permissions to the installed program files folder (ntfs).

it duplicates the winamp folder, compares when closing winamp and writes the changes to a userprofile dirs instead (should be like that, but winamp devs never thought of that?).

link to the thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=44880 , many thx to nanaki for his work btw

link to the site of the plugin dev in first post

thx