AVI/DivX/MPEG to DVD

ABEO

I have some old recordings on my PC in various formats, I would like to put them on DVDs so I can play them on my DVD player.

I am completely new to this and I don't know where to start, are there any programs that automate the whole thing and that will convert them and burn them for me with all the correct settings?

Thanks in advance

PS. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I didn't know where else to put it :}

i have found that DVDSanta is a very usefull tool into doing this, u can add multiple files, they can be differant formats and it coverts it to a Video TS / Audio TS folder, then once the conversion is done it ask to burn it, has a built in burner, and thats it!! easy and its a pretty quick encoder, i can do a 700mb avi to dvd in about 1 hour on my xpm2400 @ 2.5ghz and 512 ram .

Hi Abeo,

Try visiting a site like doom9.org, it contains all sorts of conversion guides, links to software you might need and much more. Even if it doesn't tell you everything you need to know it's a great starting point.

Software wise I would recommend you try DVD2SVCD, not only is it freeware, but it gives very good results IMO.

Lets us know how you get on. :)

Cee-Kay

• 4 weeks later...