Shrinking System32 folder - OEMBIOS.BIN

mpattonm

Now why would he do that? I don't think he ever had any sort of intention such as that, making it unnecessary to warn him about it, since is his last post he hoped he was able to talk about it because of the "illegal" outcome removing OEMBIOS results in. :hello:

Guys please don't "sabotage" this work. ;) I'm sure you've all figured out some of the interesting side effects of minlogon, but that's not the reason I researched this minlogon mod, it was for boot times and footprint! BTW, I posted on mp3car.com my results of finally installing my system on CF.

My cold boot times hover around 18-19 seconds from the BIOS "beep" on a VIA MII. The CF card I'm using is a 1GB SanDisk UltraII. I've also got an Extreme model which according to benchmarks I've seen is a little faster, but I haven't tested it out yet. SanDisk has a new model coming out very soon, the ExtremeII, which smokes even these cards!!! Hibernation saves me about 2 seconds with the current card. Next, I want to test with a custom shell because explorer is the big slow down. This is for my car system so I don't need explorer running. From what I've read, SanDisk's "industrial" cards are considerably faster, but I haven't found a place that will sell to individual consumers.

ok... go in to system32 folder and find taskmgr.exe right click and select shortcut... it will be placed on desktop... right click the shortcut and select properties... then go to the shorutcut tab... and select shortcut key then press the keys u want then go to the general tab and select the hidden attribute... then there u go shortcut keys to taskmanager :thumbup

it doesnt work perfectly... if u crash explorer there is no way to get it back :(

and another thing i just discovered which kind of messes the whole thing up even more... when u restart (just explorer) or the whole pc the shourtcut no longer works :no:

oh well seemed like it might work out but obviously not :(

FINALLY! I finally got nLite 0.99.5a2 up and running today, made my self a new ISO and I tested Minlogon. Honestly, I do not see that much boot time difference, but truly it boots faster and I could delete "those" files :)

Well, I don't know what I am doing wrong but I have no CTRL-ALT-DEL anymore.

Also I can't go standby or logoff. The computer just shutdown.

Here's some regtweak for you guys:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoLogOff"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ACPI\Parameters]
"Attributes"=dword:70

Removes standby and logoff from your system.

BTW, compared with new nLite 0.99.5 alpha 2 you don't have faster boottime anymore.

EDIT: PowerButton function keys do also not work. This tweak is only useful for embedded systems or for use with internet shops