Error copying winntbbu.dll

He Astalavista,

Yes, I downloaded your Christina Boot Screen Setup, because I only had an uncompressed winntbbu.dll, I uncompressed your boot screen file (expand -r) and put that on my disk. I just tried using my own original winntbbu.dll and only editing one bitmap file, and it didn't work, I get the same error again. I also attached an image of my cd, as you can see I don't have winntbbu.dl_. And no my setup isn't OEM, it's just regular from the store...

Hope it helps,

GoeniGoeGoe

Image of XP CD

check your txtsetup.sif search for winntbbu.* (make sure u put * & NOT dll or dl_)

this will give us all instances of this, & copy them here plz :) the error is caused from an incorrect line or not modifype'ing your file, but u said u done that, so the first thing is the only thing i can think of :)

check your txtsetup.sif search for winntbbu.* (make sure u put * & NOT dll or dl_)

this will give us all instances of this, & copy them here plz :) the error is caused from an incorrect line or not modifype'ing your file, but u said u done that, so the first thing is the only thing i can think of :)

these are the entries for winntbbu* :

winntbbu.dll = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0

ehm ok there is only one entry, the one above

GoeniGoeGoe

1. PLS. Answer the question:

--are u using nlite?

--do u hv sp2?

--is your xp copy legit?

MOVE your winntbbu.dll to a safe place.

delete whatever winntbbu.dll you have in I386 folder

now put the winntbbu.dl_ into your U.A. I386 folder.

pls do a search again for winntbbu*.* again. just to be extra sure.

@ MCT thanks for helping many hands make lite work of huge tasks.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nice MCT

i looked at the bat file. now we will knw if they do have modifype or not.

ok thanks,

I'm just trying Astalavista's latest post, after that I will try yours...thanks for helping me man!!!

I was just trying your batch, but it just keeps on looping, I think you forgot an exit somewhere, cause I get the "everything is ok" message from modifype.exe. but after that it goes to the :error and then back to the :start. But no probs I just did: modifype.exe winntbbu.dll -c and I got the "everything is ok" message. I'll try after I see if Astalavista's post is working :)

Ok So I customized a known working winntbbu.dll file. I expanded it with "expand -r winntbbu.dl_" and got a new file. I opened it in ResEdit (the one recommended can remember the name) and replaced the files with my bitmaps. I did not call them the same thing, does that matter? Anyways I saved it, replaced, and opened it in the Color Changer. Changed my colors clicked applied. Successful.

Then I opened that batch command that was fixed yesterday and it said "have a good day" etc. I took the new winntbbu.dl_ file placed it in my I386 folder and made the iso. Then I opened in in Virtual PC (on a mac actually) and I get the "The file winntbbu.dll was not copied correctly. The file Setup placed on your hard drive is not a valid Windows XP system image." The date on the file is Aug 23, 2001, 9:00 AM so I know that batch file worked. I don't know what I could have done wrong because I have done it multiple times. It is attached bellow copied directly from the iso. Thanks

mike

WINNTBBU.DL_

I think the key here is that u mentioned replace bmps.

what else other than 103 did u replace?

also did u put your modified winntbbu.dll into I386 or winntbbu.dl_

The guide has been update. The Color Changer for download on my guide has

also been updated.

Pls note that the solution to the Dutch guy's problem was solved WHEN he removed

the winntbbu.dll in his I386 folder.

Are u sure you didn't modify anything else.

Like i said in my guide if u modify files or settings outside my guide. I don't know

what will happen.