Buying a new CPU ...

Crispy

Well, not everyone buy 5-6 PCs every year! ... I can see why one don't need APG 8x, no cards for it and it will propely be killed by PCI-express next year (much faster) ...

But I see your point ... hmm ... then what ...

So that I do not mislead you when I buy the 5-6 PCs every year ... I mean that 5-6 friends and I buy them at one time from one source so we get a volume discount. They are "all" certainly not for me personally. And we sell our old machines at the same time so we get the best bang for the buck. When you sell 5-6 PCs with the same parts on ebay they sell fast versus trying to sell one machine at a time. This year it looks like some of the same people who bought from us in the past are going to be repeat buyers. Hope it stays this way.

This is a good and honest method to keep yourself in new "PC innards" every 12 to 18 months. Again we just upgrade the CPUs, Boards, and RAM occasionally replacing power supplies, fans, and the like.

Almost nothing looks better under the Christmas tree than a new Board with a pretty red ribbon. Well, when I was younger my wife once tied a red ribbon around ... er another subject. :)

I have chosen Intel over AMD for many years....I was always told AMD Sucks, and then everyone in the "cyber-world" says that they own!

I borrowed my friends AMD 1800, and I couldn't tell a difference from the P4 1.8 over here....

So now, AMD is on my side.....

I will recommend P4 tho :)

I just upgraded my Mother Board and CPU. I went Intel on both. So far I am very happy. That is until I saw the prices that have been posted here. I could have save $20 or so............ :)

My video card is low end, hence the low score. PNY GF4 MX420.............

Also no over clocking with this MB........

post-5-1034065053_thumb.jpg

crispy, if you are going to get a new graphics card somewhere down the line, you will probably want a board that is capable of running your current 4x agp card, and that will run newer 8x cards also.

When you say AMD all-the-way....is that because of the price?

price and benchmarks.

all i own are AMD (TB700, 1200, XP2000)

except my notebook (PIII 700).

I wish an AMD would fit in it!

I bought it cheap from my employer when they upgraded to Dell P4's