Toshiba Satellite Pro 405CS "CMOS Checksum error"

Baj

i have a problem with my laptop, a TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO 405CS, when i try to boot up there's this error message CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR, i dont know what to do please help me, also my battery runs out so quick, is there a problem with my charger?

yes, this is the problem.. i would get a new battery :)

cmos checksum error is when the cmos is cleared (u can do this by doing a bios upgrade, or u can let the battery drain out) u will get that message either way, all your bios settings are @ defaults, cuz u cannot save them

He means his lappy battery, not the motherobards lithium one, although the mobo battery is charged by the computer while active.

I would not recomend doing this if you do not know how to, but you need to get access to your motherboard while the laptop is COMPLETELY powered off, and there should be a jumper on there set to position 1 and 2, you need to take the jumper off and set it to 2 and 3, and wait a few mins.

Then replace the jumper to its orginal position, and repower up.

This clears the CMOS back to default settings. Like I said though, you can void your warrenty, so I would hand it into a IT repair firm, and if that fails you may have to get them to re flash the bios, as it could have come currupted.

hello baj, you have to replace the battery of the CMOS located at the motherboard, after that you will be able then to configure your CMOS n able to save it. the CMOS is a chip the needs power to work n synchronize with your system and detects all hardware. im not familiar on how to open the LAPTOP but i have experienced similar things on my desktop. GOOLUCK!