Applications Unattended

RedVyper

Anyonw know how to install the fallowing applications unattended using the runonce method?

Sonic MyDVD V6.0

Cyberlink PowerDVD V6.0

DVD Decrypter

DVD Shrink

Also I am installing adaware the install is silent however it pops up the help screen and the program as soon as its installed anyone know of a switch to turn all that off?

Also looking for a good CODEC pack aif anyone knows of one.

Ok well EXCUSE ME!

Seems as though people are getting rude on the forumn these days thats too bad use to get lots of good help and information.

Ok but anyhow I'm not seeing MyDVD V6.0 unattended install on the forumns in the search.

I did find a link for PowerDVD 6.0 though i don't have the files it says you should have so i'll have to do more research on that one.

PowerDVD 6 was very easy...

Add silent=1 in custom.ini (so it installs silently with no switches req'd - no need for a setup.iss either that way)

Install and activate it all, and keep your PowerDVD.sim file (that's where your activation is kept); replace the one in your installer with it

-And a couple registry entries to add to MCE_SYM.reg (section [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD], export it and remove irrelevant stuff...)

DVD Decrypter uses /S (uppercase; I'm using v3.5.1.0)

DVD Shrink uses /silent (I'm using v3.2)

As for MyDVD, I've never looked at it...

PowerDVD 6 was very easy...

Add silent=1 in custom.ini (so it installs silently with no switches req'd - no need for a setup.iss either that way)

Install and activate it all, and keep your PowerDVD.sim file (that's where your activation is kept); replace the one in your installer with it

-And a couple registry entries to add to MCE_SYM.reg (section [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDVD], export it and remove irrelevant stuff...)

DVD Decrypter uses /S (uppercase; I'm using v3.5.1.0)

DVD Shrink uses /silent (I'm using v3.2)

As for MyDVD, I've never looked at it...

THANK you... The adding 1 in the ini didn't really help me much because the first screen pops up and with the -s switch after making an .iss it's completely hidden, silent, etc...

However your pointing us to the proper location in the registery to get information to add to the MCE_SYM.reg file... :D MAJOR KEWL!

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=32147&st=40

I went ahead and put it to use where one would expect to find the information.

Much apperciated!

Wisc

@RedVyper

I don't see anyone getting rude with you.  Astalavista just said search which is the rule of thumb before posting.  I think you were jumping to conclusions.

Well he's not alone. I thought it was rude too, but that's probably because I've been searching for hours trying to figure out something, I DON'T want to bring up here because that would make it even harder for the next person who wants to know about it , to find it...

People asking questions and not getting answers make it VERY difficult for the search to work. When you get 78 pages, most of them telling the person to search it's been discussed already...

FINDING where it's been discussed already is the hard part.

If you don't HAVE the answer, I believe it best you not say nothing then because

snapping at someone to search is mean... I've been here quite some time, and just tonight I learned that the search near the top of the page under the google ads...

Well there's another one up further by the Help, Members, Calander buttons...

Someone uses something that works sometimes, they don't bother looking around for it... It's only till they need something else that the search might actually cross their eyes.

Anyway, I ranted enough about this.

Wisc

I agree with www2000, i would never write a comment like

here is a clue... use the search button...
I don't see anyone getting rude with you. Astalavista just said search which is the rule of thumb before posting. I think you were jumping to conclusions.
and as for this who is jumping to conclusions, maybe RedVyper has searched?????

I have also been told to 'SEARCH' yes in capitals! and that was the only comment. Now this is a site for support and if the only support is 'search' then we can get rid of everything and just leave the google search at the top.

Sorry but i had to rant on about this. I can see it being frustrating for senior members always reading the same post but then they dont have to answer.

www2000

pls by all means complain to all the mods like allanol, gamehead, and drewdrip for making similar comments for topics already discussed.

17 post i dont think u hv spent that much time here yet.

Hey hey hey Astalavista, please don't take it personally!

It's NOT you, it's the SUBJECT!

Honest I don't even KNOW you and I'm sorry that it happened to be a post you posted that I happened to comment on.

And I hate to do this, but just because I posted 17 messages doesn't mean I didn't spend much time here.

I spent 3 months here as a lurker. It wasn't until about 7 months ago I even started doing forums. I've ALWAYS been the lurker. But another site I visit made it very clear that the LEAST one could do was leave a Thank You messae in return for someones effort and I totally agree with that.

And Astalavista, I understand you are the one whom needs to be thanked as well. you and all the Mods. There's ALOT of work being done around here and you guys are doing a great job!

A special "GREAT JOB" to Alanoll for his awesome ability to keep a cool head and argue VERY well as not to upset a person but clearly make his points clear and understandable.

Point is you guys shouldn't have to deal with this, your Mods. You don't need to explain yourselves. The fact you take the time to show you care is what makes this place sucessfull...

Yeah, it seems people are feeling offended with being told to search.

Sometimes as it's been pointed out to me, it's nessary.

Since the Mods deal with it more than I do, I'm backing down on my comment...

It's easy to voice an opinion as a third person point of view... But it's really not my place.

Astalavista, Alanoll, other mods I haven't ran across yet...

This site has been... Exciting! It put me to the test as far as my wits go, the final reward is really exciting, and I'm having fun the more I put into this.

You guys/gals have done an excellent job and you deserve to be thanked from us.

Along with the major contributers to the forums, I personally wish to extend my most sincere and extreme gratitude.

Thank you!

And happy holidays

Ok well I haven't checked this post for a few days. Thanks for those of you who posted some information I got everything to work now.

I really was hoping this would not have gotten off topic as it has but i guess that's the way it goes.

BTW for those that want to know I did search and did not come up with results.

BTW.. I really do hate the search engine on this site... most forums engines take you to the post of the hit, where this one provides the thread.

Some threads are dozens of posts long... It does take patience to go through them all

• 3 months later...
Anyonw know how to install the fallowing applications unattended using the runonce method?

Sonic MyDVD V6.0

Cyberlink PowerDVD V6.0

DVD Decrypter

DVD Shrink

Also I am installing adaware the install is silent however it pops up the help screen and the program as soon as its installed anyone know of a switch to turn all that off?

Also looking for a good CODEC pack aif anyone knows of one.

Sonic MyDvd

My working autoit3 script:

----

Run("setup.exe")

WinWaitActive("Media Suite Setup")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Media Suite Setup", "Sonic End-User License Agreement")

Send("!a")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Media Suite Setup", "Customer Information")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Media Suite Setup", "Choose Setup Type")

Send("!o")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Media Suite Setup", "Ready to Install")

Send("!i")

WinWaitActive("Media Suite Setup", "Setup Wizard Complete")

Send("!v")

Send("!f")

Send("n")

----

dvdshrink32setup.exe /silent

RaBBiT