Undeletable files

Drewdatrip

Drew here's a couple of solutions which may be of help.;

Windows media player keeps a record of files played and stores them in a "recently opened file list".Because they are still associated with WMP this prevents the files from being deleted.

If your running WMP 9 series open the player and go to Tools > options > Privacy tab.Hit the clear history button.

(I believe there is also an option somewhere in TweakXP to clear the recent file list.)

If that doesn't work there are some registry edits you can do,which also apply to earlier WMP versions.

You do the following at your own risk,and remember to backup the registry first

Run regedit and find this string;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList

delete all the entries and you should now be able to delete the files.

If the above registry string is not there go to

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler

Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}"

I get this message sometimes when Explorer is open.

and recently received it when I had an AOL RealPlayer session open.

I use DOS in safe mode when it gets out of hand. But next time I will give Rev's suggestions a try as it seems easier.

Drew,have you tried renaming the files to another format.( i.e .txt .bmp .jpg,)then try deleting them.

Or open notepad,then put any text in it and save it using the same name and extension as the vid file,and copy it to the folder where your vid files are.It will then ask if you want to overwrite the original.Once the file has been overwritten you should be able to delete it.

Also,have you played the vids in other movie software,Windvd,PowerDVD,etc.

Open those programs and clear the playlists.

Yea...when it gets out of hand for me....

(never has yet) :) ...

Isn't the DOS Command something like:

del C:/Documents and Settings/YourMomma/Desktop/Isfat.mpg

?

msnwar: kazaa and morph both are getting it, both networks suck, your ip can be traced when using it also, you wont be the first to get an email from their isp after RIAA have got in touch with them.

this past week, after much bugging by EL1TE i installed Emule

it uses the edonkey / overnet et all network.

man what a joy this app is!!! its MILES faster than either overnet or edonkey, as usual you can import your temp directory into it as its based on the same code, so you can carry your downloads on in emule.

(dont run two edonkey network clients at the same time tho!)

i have been maxing out my connection on it since installing it. you heard me, 130KB/sec down, do that on edonkey!!

check it out! you will need to get some server ips to set you off, i suggest checking www.sharereactor.com for a link to server addresses on the main page, left side.

emule.gif