HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Hey guys, I'm just wondering how you're installing the update KB913433? I get an error when I try to nlite the update or integrate it with other methods. I think it has to do with the version of my Macromedia flash.

My post above is a bit old, but I could sure use some definitive answers. So if my Windows XP installation comes with the latest Flash, then I can't install that update? If that's the case, then why did ppl even post this as a requirement for SP2? I don't even have Flash slipstream into my CD.

lol, you didn't do your search well,

I posted something on this forum about it. And asked it to Nuhi. (you know, the nlite guy) When you do it with nlite you get this error because it's a special package and not really a hotfix. You can argue about it, but still it is not integratable. When you look in the Nlite program you will se that this is an other type of package. (you can see it in the list you added)

So you will have to do it manualy with switches I guess.

Perhaps he will add it in his program, but not now.

Greetz

Jonathan.

New update:

KB925486 -> Vulnerability in Vector Markup Language Could Allow Remote Code Execution...

i seen this update on 4 computers today.

i have IE7 RC1 at home. didnt show up on automatic update and also on WU !?

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS06-055 , said

Affected Software:

• Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 — Download the update

?!? is IE5 and IE6 only related or not ? if yes , why M$ do not say IE7 is protected already ?

yes , you are right . a backyard note.

for w2k they CAN say very clear in fist lines :

Affected Components:

• Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 4 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 — Download the update

• Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 on Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 — Download the update

thanks

I've just noticed that MS released a new version of LegitCheckControl.dll

This new version is installed whenever a wga protected product is downloaded from microsoft.com (eg wmp10 or 11).

I didn't find a stand alone version of wga v1.5.708 (no KBxxyyzz.exe).

I only found this :

LegitCheckControl.DLL v1.5.708

Hope it helps :)

Edited by toto51

A little note to those who want download hotfixes for 2K or XP

I don't know if this has been posted somewere on MSFN forums

Windows 2K SP4 and XP SP2 download hotfixes automatically. You can find them in %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download

You will find as many subfolders as downloaded hotfixes automatically downloaded. These hotfixes are unpacked and ready to use with ktool or a batch script.

After a fresh installation, windows downloads 2 hotfixes to update BITS. After installing and rebooting others hotfixes willl be downloaded. Let windows update himself, when he doen't find any hotfix anymore, you just have to save the content of the given folder earlier.

On several installations, the autogenerated foldernames under %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\Download

keep the same name and content. If this is really true, it is easy to update a hotfixes collection.

Maybe they are ready to slipstream with some batch script into your windows installation files; but I will not test that because it is a too complex method to be reliable (search on microsoft's website, a KB give all step of this method.

Hope this will be useful to the community :); and sorry if my english is as crappy as windows :P

I've just noticed that MS released a new version of LegitCheckControl.dll

This new version is installed whenever a wga protected product is downloaded from microsoft.com (eg wmp10 or 11).

I didn't find a stand alone version of wga v1.5.708 (no KBxxyyzz.exe).

I only found this :

LegitCheckControl.DLL v1.5.708

Hope it helps :)

And how do i install this?