Unattended Installation of Apps Failed - Why?

OK .. I have a few problems ... BIG problems ... :(

I have made my own UI and everything was going well untill XP logs on for the first time and when it should start RunOnceEx.cmd and start installing the apps it said to me that the path to applications and regtweak isn`t seem to be valid ..

I have made an UI which installs all apps from CD and it seems that installation can`t find those applications ... i have btw followed the Unattended PDF guide and did exactly what was written about choosing the UI to install all apps from CD, and at the first install xp was searching for applications on my hdd on D partition because the first line in RunOnceEx.cmd is "IF EXIST D:\CD.txt set CDROM=D:" ...

But then i have deleted the first two lines and then the first line was "IF EXIST F:\CD.txt set CDROM=F:", and off course my cd rom was F and that was OK but RunOnceEx.cmd still couldn`t install apps and registry because the paths were invalid ( "F:\ Software\Diskeeper\Diskeeper.msi" couldn`t be found ) ... i have put the "CD.txt" on cd ( as shown on the picture below ) but didn`t put anything in the file ..

what did i do wrong ... ??? :unsure:

I used the Microsoft Virtual Machine Trial.

Can anyone, PLEASE help me to solve this problem ... i have attached here the screenshot of the directories of my UI and RunOnceEx.cmd ... please help.

Thanx in advance ...

:hello:

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

IF EXIST D:\CD.txt set CDROM=D:
IF EXIST E:\CD.txt set CDROM=E:
IF EXIST F:\CD.txt set CDROM=F:
IF EXIST G:\CD.txt set CDROM=G:
IF EXIST H:\CD.txt set CDROM=H:
IF EXIST I:\CD.txt set CDROM=I:
IF EXIST J:\CD.txt set CDROM=J:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Applications :::: Made By Playahater" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Diskeeper 9.0" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\diskeeper\Diskeeper.msi /QB" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "Flashget 1.65" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\flashget\fgf165.exe /S" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /VE /D "TweakUI Powertoy" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Powertoys\TweakUi.exe /qb" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /VE /D "WinRar 3.40" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\WinRar 3.40\WinRAR.v3.40.exe /s /W" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\wmp10\mp10setup.exe /q:A /c:\"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore\"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D ".NET Framework v1.1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\NetFramework\netfx.msi" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\Adobe Reader\AdbeRdr60_enu_full.exe -p"-s /v\"/qn\""

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "IrfanView 3.91 with Plugins" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\iview391\iview391.exe /silent /desktop=0 /group=1 /allusers=0 /assoc=1 /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\iview391\IrfanView-all_plugins.exe /silent" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /VE /D "Winamp 5.05 Pro Full" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\winamp\Winamp.msi\" /qn Xname="xxxxxxxxxxxxx" Xkey="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" XMODERNSKIN=1 XSkinsetting-MMD3 Xaudio=1 \" /f

REG DELETE=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v WinampAgent /f

REG ADD %KEY%\100 /VE /D "Importing Registry Tweaks" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\100 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\Software\RegTweaks.reg" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\110 /VE /D "Cleaning Up and Rebooting" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\110 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\cleanup.cmd" /f

EXIT

post-70-1099790672_thumb.jpg

Try an alternative script of setting %CDROM%.

FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%d

BTW, you don't have to go through the whole unattended installation process in order to test RunOnceEx. Just run RunOnceEx.cmd on your virtual machine and reboot.

OK .. i have tried to install my Unattended XP using the line for cd rom and the setup is displaying me every time that the "asms" file is missing ...

I repeat that I didn`t change anything except the cd rom line in RunOneEx.cmd ...

Try an alternative script of setting %CDROM%.

FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%d

BTW, you don't have to go through the whole unattended installation process in order to test RunOnceEx. Just run RunOnceEx.cmd on your virtual machine and reboot.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem ..

Setup was running OK untill i did that ...

What did I do wrong ???

post-70-1100098383_thumb.jpg

Hmm. OK, I'm nit-picking here, but wouldn't a better way to write

be something like this, which moves the colon into the IF EXIST...

FOR %%d IN (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) DO IF EXIST %%d:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%d:

I dunno if that would work, but I always try to write really tight code.

Just my 2 cents,

JP

Issues to be fixed:

1 == Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.01 string is wrong.

2 == These keys:

REG ADD %KEY%\050 /VE /D "IrfanView 3.91 with Plugins" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\iview391\iview391.exe /silent /desktop=0 /group=1 /allusers=0 /assoc=1 /f
REG ADD %KEY%\050 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\iview391\IrfanView-all_plugins.exe /silent" /f

should be:

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /VE /D "IrfanView 3.91 with Plugins" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\iview391\iview391.exe /silent /desktop=0 /group=1 /allusers=0 /assoc=1" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\055 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\Software\iview391\IrfanView-all_plugins.exe /silent" /f

3 == Also, Winamp string has to be fixed.

4 == This line:

REG DELETE=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v WinampAgent /f

should be:

REG DELETE HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v WinampAgent /f

5 == This key:

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\NetFramework\netfx.msi" /f

Should be:

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\NetFramework\netfx.msi /qb" /f

Also, it's said many times on several threads that NET Framework can't be installed from a CD if the MSI is used. SFX it!

6 == Is this a cracked copy of WinRAR?

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\WinRar 3.40\WinRAR.v3.40.B1_Cracked.exe /s /W" /f

It, also, needs fixing because of spacing in its path!

Wooowww ... how many mistakes ...

Ok .. i will fix all of them ...

And, concerning the error .. no i dind`t use nlite .. as a matter of fact, i didn`t use any of apps for making the UI ...

I`ve used the winnt.sif, command.txt and runonceex.cmd ... nothing more ...

I`ll try to fix the runonceex.cmd ... to put

FOR %%d IN (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) DO IF EXIST %%d:\CD.txt SET CDROM=%%d:

I`ll fix all of these mistakes and i`ll post the result ...

BIG thanx to all of YOU ... :thumbup

P.S. -

6 == Is this a cracked copy of WinRAR?

REG ADD %KEY%\030 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\WinRar 3.40\WinRAR.v3.40.B1_Cracked.exe /s /W" /f

Hmmmmm ... :whistle:

Not done ... I still get the above mentioned error ...

I have tried burninng my cd with lower speed, cause i have seen here in forums that that might be the solution, but I still get an error messages.

I have fixed all errors from runoneex.cmd put it where it belongs and burn the cd with the lowest possible speed and ... nothing .. error again ...

I don`t understand .. i didn`t, as far as I know , touch anything else except the cmd file since the last half succesful install ... ( half succesful cause apps would have not installed )

I even try to locate the asms dir on the cd during the setup and nothing .. it just won`t recognize it ...

Anyone has an idea ?? ...

General modifications are: Integrated SATA Drivers, changed uxtheme.dl_, added a few apps and registry and that`s it ...

I dind`n use any of utilities such as nlite, ktool etc. ....

Pleeeeeeeeeaseeeeee help :( ... i don`t know what to do .. i have fuc*e* up my xp and need format C a.s.a.p. and only xp installation i have is this Unattended which btw doesn`t work ...

humm... sounds like one of your files or some of them has become corrupted.

happened to me once before.

just get a Fresh Windows XP Pro or Corp.

and start from SCRATCH.... another word of advice.. invest in a CDRW media

good luck

p.s. u are not allowed to talk about pirated or cracking or any of that stuff. ;)

Hmm.  OK, I'm nit-picking here, but wouldn't a better way to write

be something like this, which moves the colon into the IF EXIST...

I dunno if that would work, but I always try to write really tight code.

Just my 2 cents,

JP

I don't see why it shouldn't work :) Thanks for the tip.