Microsoft Codename Whistler! Hidden Files Found!

sonu27

I have been browsing some of Windows XP's OS files with Resource Hacker. Then I went to the logon.scr found in the system32 folder. This files is the default screensaver for XP. And I have found these Whistler pictures. 3 pictures. One saying Microsoft Codename Whistler Server, another saying Microsoft Codename Whistler Advanced Server and the last one saying Microsoft Codename Whistler Data Center. As we all know Windows XP was codenamed Whistler. And guessing from the images I found they had plans for a XP Server, Advanced Server and a Data Center, But none of these actully happened.

Here is another pic!

There is one more to go but I will nt post that one. It's the Server one. Same as Adavaned Server image except on Advanced.

All there pics can be found in logon.scr in the system32 folder. Using resource hacker.

Edited by sonu27

• 4 weeks later...

Eh, no new news to me... It seems pretty logical considering if you look at Windows XP SP1 cd the files on the 2003 cd look exactly the same... But that makes me wonder... What do you think would happen if you took the files that defines 2003 as an advanced server and migrated them over to an xp installation cd? Think you would unlock the secret XP server systems? Or just end up with disks that have errors on them?