FireFox 0.10.1PR (Silent Install) MSI

Astalavista

Hi guys I was try to figure out simonsays guide to installing Firefox and after a few minutes of reading and chugging a couple of beers i gave up.

It turns out that guys from the forums.mozillazine.org have created a msi file.

Here is the MSI file FireFox-0.10.1PR-enUS-1.msi

reg add %Key%\060 /VE /D "FireFox" /f
reg add %Key%\060 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\FireFox\Firefox.msi /q" /f
reg add %Key%\060 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\FireFox\plugins.exe" /f

the plugins.exe is a Winrar SFX file that contains my plugins like flashPlayer

Path=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins
SavePath
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

guys here is the link on how to integrate most download managers to firefox.

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html

Edited by Astalavista

good find but... this is only the installer, with my guide you can built your own installer in a minute, you can remove components and so on but the main purpose of what i wrote is that you can import your own profile, thing that you can't do with this.

sorry Astalavista don't want to offend, good find indeed :thumbup

Well, the whole method posted by SiMoNsAyS only looks complicated, but if you want something easy and quick, it's almost as easy as using the msi version:

1-extract firefox with winrar (right click...)

2-replace setup.exe with the one from mozilla

(I don't think we've lost anyone just yet ;) )

3-in config.ini (4 small changes):

3a-change "Run Mode=Normal" to "Run Mode=Silent" (ln 9)

3b-in [Component ADT] change to Attributes=SELECTED|FORCE_UPGRADE|VISIBLE (ln 552)

3c-Launch App Checked=TRUE to FALSE (ln 392)

3d-comment out sections [Delete File0] [Delete File1] (between ln 744 and 750)

That's it. just call SETUP.EXE -MS -IRA to install (or repackage as a sfx if desired). Takes well under 5 minutes. Or you could download the setup.exe and config.ini, just extract firefox and replace the 2 files - no editing or anything to do whatsoever...

It's only complex if you do things to work with multiple language and fancier installs/configs for multi users (I got like 35 extensions and some custom configs, and it's still simple)

crahak

great summary of simons work! what are the 35 extensions? and custom configs? care to share?

Simon

in regards to the themes, using the msi method above, how do i handle themes?

stupid me i didn't know that firefox comes with really cool looking themes.

off topic a bit but hv you guys been able to integrate FlashGet with FireFox?

or download accelerator for that matter?

To integrate DAP with Firefox, you need to copy the dapop.dll from your DAP installation directory. Rename it to npdap.dll and place it inside the Plug-in folder in your Firefox directory.

I don't know about Flashget, since I'm not using it.

@crahak

You sure about 3d ?

Should comment out the RunAppX stuff, not the delete part.

Also, commenting both the RunAppX's prevents FF from launching after importing Favorites from IE.

Dunno which one that doesnt need the commenting tho :/

@toe_cutter: Uh, I have to assume you're right since I'm going from SiMoNsAyS' guide - which is going by your method! But, we're kinda left guessing here. The guide says comment out between lines 742 and 759, which is what I commented out (those 2 sections). So again, since you made the original "guide", you know better than I do on that one.

So far the installer worked flawlessly (and it's worked without that 3d step that comments out those too). So it doesn't quite look like a "necessary" step either... I'll try commenting out the other lines just to see.

@Astalavista:

As for themes and plugins, there's a command line to install them as well. It's quite simple too. (I have to try SiMoNsAyS' method for plugins some day)

Once I get around to finish making my installer (most likely this weekend) I might make a complete yet easy guide (including extensions, themes, prefs.js/user.js tweaks ...)