I got the day off ...

MSNwar

and I am sitting here looking out my window and poking at the keyboard. I wonder why tree leaves run around in circles when the wind blows? Kinda odd since they don't have legs to be running or brains to stay out of the street. Hmm, reminds me of my first wife. Next thing you know those leaves will want shoes for running around in circles in the street. Just like my first wife!

This all because my car broke this morning on my way to work. As I was leaving my house to go to the car dealer for repairs I was thinking this is a pain in the arse and today is a sad beach. Then I noticed my neighbors in conversation with other neighbors. Turns out that my friend was on her way to work when another car hit her car. Lucky, no personal injury, but the driver's side window was smashed out as well as the mirror. She drove her car back to her house, but she does not have a garage, so I loaned her ours. The dealer fixed my car in an hour and only charged me half the normal cost. Now I am thinking that my problem was nothing compaired to my neighbors. Seems that she and the other driver are blaming each other.

The old lady just isn't in the mood. Maybe my despondent neighbor is?

:)

tree leaves blow in circles because of low air turbulance, aka "eddies". as the wind is hitting trees and houses etc it causes small vortices that touch the floor as they are spinning and decaying.

and thats why they catch the leaves and make them spin.

thats the lesson for today kids.

To add to the " lesson for today"

All moving things have energy simply as a result of the fact that they are moving. In fact they gained energy when they started moving. To put it another way, energy must be put into something to get it moving, and usually, the more energy that is put into an object, the faster it moves.

Air attempts to travel from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure.

When air tries to flow from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure it will turn to the right. In fact, air attempting to flow into the centre of a low will actually rotate around the low in a counterclockwise fashion.

I taught this to the fourth graders last year.