Media Connect

andrewpayne

Use /Q:A /R:N

This one works for me.

Be sure to install WMP10 before you install this program

EDIT:

Don't install this program in your svcpack.inf, that won't work.

I installed it with my RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Windows-Updates" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Framework_upgrade\NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe /Q" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Framework_NL\langpack.msi /qb" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\High-mat\HMTCDWizard.msi /qb" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 4 /D "%systemdrive%\install\applications\WMP10\MP10Setup.exe /q:A /c:\"setup_wm.exe /Q /R:N /DisallowSystemRestore\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 5 /D "%systemdrive%\install\applications\WMP10\wmcsetup.exe /Q:A /R:N" /f

It sure doesn't work for me. I'm running it from RunOnceEx.cmd, but turning system restore off first from cmdlines.txt via registry tweaks.

If system restore is turned off, wmconnect generates the System Restore warning message.

There's got to be a switch to stop it, but I'm not smart enough to figure it out.

I have the following but the Media Connect didn't install

REG ADD %KEY%\021 /VE /D "Windows Media Player v10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\021 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /R:N /C:\"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N\"" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\021 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\wmcsetup.exe /Q:A /R:N" /f

I have disabled the System Restore service at the end of RUNONCEX.CMD by adding REGEDIT /S DISREST.REG (below) to CLEANUP.CMD

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 

;----- Disable System Restore
;----- Value: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)
;-----
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore]
"DisableSR"=dword:00000001

This reg file is saved alongside CLEANUP.CMD in the root of the INSTALL directory.

cmdow @ /HID

REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\disrest.reg
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 60 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 1 minute..."
net user aspnet /delete
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\drivers\
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install\
EXIT

It is then one of the last things to be applied before the auto shutdown after the apps (including WMP10 and Media Connect) are installed and the shell is loading.

I hope this makes sense! I have tested this and it works for me.

BTW I do not use NLITE - just the methods described in MDFN's Unattended Guide using RUNONCEX.CMD

EDIT - Note that the full path MUST be included for the successful import of the registry file

I can tell you that, no switches or msi editing is gonna fix this. Sorry. The nag isn't even coming from the installer. The only workaround I can imagine for now is re-enabling system restore temporarily.

Yes I agree with you.

This program installs 2 services that require systemrestore to be enabled and you are always going to get that nag if systemrestore is disabled. The only option is to use a batch file to enable systemrestore temporarily, then install the program and then disable systemrestore again.

Don't you guys read the previous posts?

My method keeps the System Restore on until the last possible moment - ie just before Shutdown after RunOnceEx.cmd completes.

Yes, I know, that's why I mentionned that. (mind you, I don't really want it to be enabled - and the system creating some system restore information, wasting some space for nothing.)

@big poppa pump: No. They don't need it. They only warn. I've already posted all the information about this one in this thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=30169 (at the end). If you could repackage it all together. You wouldn't need system restore at all...

Other than that, one could use something such as AutoIt to press the button on the system restore nag too.