RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

During the installation a window pops up looks like the runonceEX but its at T13

how can I add more to that list? I want to add my reg tweaks, Im hoping it will make it easier to fix problems with the tweaks

It would be most apreciated RyanVM By the way GREAT JOB! :thumbup

Sorry this is a little off topic!

I sure hope you people making localized versions of this have cleared it with RyanVM. He put a lot of work into this. If not, that would be ... not nice.

@RyanVM: They have stopped saying "We Still Believe", and now it is "Can You Believe!" - We'll convert you, yet! (Sox in Six?)

During the installation a window pops up looks like the runonceEX but its at T13

how can I add more to that list? I want to add my reg tweaks, Im hoping it will make it easier to fix problems with the tweaks

It would be most apreciated RyanVM By the way GREAT JOB!  :thumbup

Sorry this is a little off topic!

That's not from me. I have nothing running at the T13 stage anymore.
If anybody's interested in version 1.0.2 Lite localized in German (i.e. German IE Cumulative Update & Flash), drop me a line and I'll give you a download link :)

~7MB

Please send me a PM.
I sure hope you people making localized versions of this have cleared it with RyanVM. He put a lot of work into this. If not, that would be ... not nice.

@RyanVM: They have stopped saying "We Still Believe", and now it is "Can You Believe!" - We'll convert you, yet! (Sox in Six?)

Cards in 5. You heard it here first :P;)

Also, I have an impromptu poll. I'm half-considering adding the bootvis tool to the full pack. I personally don't use it, though, so I'm asking you guys if there's significant interest in me adding it. Opinions?

(I should mention that it'll add about 500KB to the size of the download)

We'll talk after the weekend ... But everyone knows, even when they lose, they take it to the wire. I don't think my Dad could stand losing to The Birds three times in his lifetime, half of their post-Babe appearances: '46, '67 and '04. On a more statistical note, 1918 or not, only two teams have won more World Series than the Boston Red Sox. One of them we just put behind us. Now we have a chance to get the other one.

I've never really seen any improvment after running BootVis, but I would suggest the Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor. Unless, of course, you are worried about not passing the test!

We'll talk after the weekend ... But everyone knows, even when they lose, they take it to the wire. I don't think my Dad could stand losing to The Birds three times in his lifetime, half of their post-Babe appearances: '46, '67 and '04. On a more statistical note, 1918 or not, only two teams have won more World Series than the Boston Red Sox. One of them we just put behind us. Now we have a chance to get the other one.

I've never really seen any improvment after running BootVis, but I would suggest the Microsoft Baseline Security Advisor. Unless, of course, you are worried about not passing the test!

I've already passed the MBSA test (I run it as part of my standard testing procedure ;)). It's still possible I'll put it in there.

It's going to be a good series, that's for sure.

(BTW, do you know of a page where I can find a testcase of the exploits that were fixed by KB834707?)

... (BTW, do you know of a page where I can find a testcase of the exploits that were fixed by KB834707?)

I remember seeing one, once, somewhere, but I seem to have lost it. There are also a few scanners out there that check for vulnerabilities: there are patches for XP, Office, and a few others, and even when Windows Update says you are fine, you may not be. I can't find any of it now, but I'll let you know if I do.

ryan, after using your patch, i don't see shortcut for Remote Desktop Connection under accessaries,... do you have same problem?

thanks, i love your works!

Yeah, I'm still seeing it. It's not directly in the Accessories folder, though. It's in the Communications subfolder (where it's always been).

... (BTW, do you know of a page where I can find a testcase of the exploits that were fixed by KB834707?)

I remember seeing one, once, somewhere, but I seem to have lost it. There are also a few scanners out there that check for vulnerabilities: there are patches for XP, Office, and a few others, and even when Windows Update says you are fine, you may not be. I can't find any of it now, but I'll let you know if I do.

Well, given that Windows Update only checks by looking at the Updates registry key, it'd be very easy to fake a successful install.

That's why I want to actually test the fixes by looking at testcases.

BAH! Testcases....

you could have always just created your OWN hole, so you could have some fun......... .......

I dunno, I'm gonna have to go with GM with Sox in Six. Man, good thing I wasn't still with my girlfriend (technically) or else I wouldn't be now. Sox fan here, Yankee fan there. :P

The pack's inf-installation routine at T-13 seems to create lot's of "restore points".

How can i either execute the pack after T-13 (when SR is turned off by then) or turn off SR before the pack gets installed???

I also guess that's the cause of the framedyn.dll & srclient.dll-error (i recently experience)

The pack's inf-installation routine at T-13 seems to create lot's of "restore points".

How can i either execute the pack after T-13 (when SR is turned off by then) or turn off SR before the pack gets installed???

I also guess that's the cause of the framedyn.dll & srclient.dll-error (i recently experience)

My pack has nothing to do with the framedyn errors. That's nLite's problem (god, how many times has this been said? :rolleyes:).

The INF runs prior to T13, so try again :rolleyes:

EDIT: On top of that, I just checked my laptop which I installed XP on just a day ago. Guess what, no restore points prior to GuiRunOnce software installation :rolleyes:

I would really appreciate if people wouldn't post in this thread with unsubstantiated garbage. If you have a theory, test it before posting here, then post when you've verified that the problem was indeed caused by the pack. I get really sick of troubleshooting problems over and over again which end up being nothing but user error. I test every release at least 3 times prior to releasing it, so I'd appreciate if you guys would do the same before wasting my time because you "think" my pack is causing some problem. ESPECIALLY when it's clear you have no idea how/when my pack actually executes!