maximum size for an unattended dvd?

holzer

i just finished integrating adobe creative suite, boasting my unattended dvd to 5.5gb... and now suddenly setup hangs at the beginning, where it says "Setup is inspecting your computer's hardware configuration..." it's obviously just the size because if i remove some apps then it works again.. i have only tested this on vmware actually, out of dl-dvd's atm :(.. but does anyone know of a size limit for unattened dvd's? is this maybe (hopefully) just a vmware thing?

I seem to recall VirtualPC having problems with ISOs over a certain size (though my recollection is fuzzy on the matter since I haven't seen anything about it in quite awhile), so if that's the case, it wouldn't surprise me if VMWare had the same problems.

Just a suggestion holzer, but have you tried mounting the image of your Unattended DVD using something like Alcohol, Daemon Tools etc... Then selecting CD > 'Use physical drive X:' within VirtualPC.

Maybe this will solve your problem. :)

thats a pretty good idea.. gonna try it right away.. i just hope toe_cutter is right and it works when burned...