Windows Update Security Warning

MtK

*stands off to the side shouting*

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

*looks around*

I didn't say that.  whistle.gif

:lol: Nah, not worth getting in fisticuffs over :P

BTW, am I the only person who thought Kerry and Bush were going to start fighting during the debate last night? :lol:, those guys were being brutal towards each other.

OK,

let me rephrase my question & maybe learn something (beside reading posts before replaying):

If my Windows Update Security pack is 1.10 MB how could your pack be only 1.85 with a lot more features?

OK,

let me rephrase my question & maybe learn something (beside reading posts before replaying):

If my Windows Update Security pack is 1.10 MB how could your pack be only 1.85 with a lot more features?

Because we're referring to different things. The pack as a total download is 4.95MB. However, since most of the files in it are overwriting other files on the CD, it only ends up consuming an extra 1.85MB on the CD.

OT@RyanVM: im very excited at your SP2 update pack! :D just a question though, im kinda bit confused as to how do we use it to the XPSP2CD? Will it be by integration or loading it from svcpack.inf?

It's direct integration.

Well, my guess is that my pack (1.10 MB) isn't adding too much to the total CD, becuase it also overwrites file...

I'll have to check that...

About your pack, can it (should it) be integrated after XPCREATE or it's suppose to replace the use of XPCREATE?

Well, my guess is that my pack (1.10 MB) isn't adding too much to the total CD, becuase it also overwrites file...

I'll have to check that...

About your pack, can it (should it) be integrated after XPCREATE or it's suppose to replace the use of XPCREATE...

XPCreate will be necessary for any updates you don't see in the list (which shouldn't be many).

And yes, odds are good you're adding very little extra size to the CD (I'd estimate under 100k)

Well, I didn't see any one asking about KB873374 (GDI) with XPCREATE, so I'll have to try your pack...

Yeah, that's pretty easy to handle since GDI+ only requires a registry entry for WU to not complain.

other things, like the Calc Plus, is just a file replacement?
Correct for the most part. Some things are new files (like HighMAT), but everything in the pack installs with no EXEs, MSIs, or anything else. Basically, all files not being replaced in i386 are contained in a CAB archive and are then copied out of it by the INF doing all the install work.

Yeah, that's pretty easy to handle since GDI+ only requires a registry entry for WU to not complain.

you're not exactly installing it, but hidding it...

when will your pack be ready...?

you're not exactly installing it, but hidding it...
With GDI+, there is nothing to install. GreenMachine already pointed that out too.
when will your pack be ready...?
When it's done :P. I've got two outstanding issues to resolve still, then it should be ready to go.