Blaster Worm

cancer10

Here are a couple links:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.mspx

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...moval.tool.html

However next time I suggest you to enter the sentence " Blaster removal tool" in Google

http://www.google.com

and press the ENTER key or left click mouse on "Search" button.

bart.gif

jaclaz

Google? what is that? Never heard about it b4. :P

Quick observation: I have been watching/using this board for over 2 years now and I feel that I must point out a disturbing trend.

Lately, it seems that the most common responses are: Read the Forum rules, or Search for it in the forums, or Google it here ....ALL to be done prior to asking.

I thought this board was created to help others, not belittle their search methods or lack thereof. Yes, several of the people that are here are bug-eyed geeks that sit behind their computers all day, but the fact of the matter is that most of the people that are asking for help, or searching for it are not.

This should be taken in to account when replying. If for nothing else it's rude and arrogant....and will not attract people to this board. :thumbdown

/stepping off soapbox.

Quick observation:  I have been watching/using this board for over 2 years now and I feel that I must point out a disturbing trend.

Lately, it seems that the most common responses are: Read the Forum rules, or Search for it in the forums, or Google it here ....ALL to be done prior to asking.

I thought this board was created to help others, not belittle their search methods  or lack thereof.  Yes, several of the people that are here are bug-eyed geeks that sit behind their computers all day, but the fact of the matter is that most of the people that are asking for help, or searching for it are not.

This should be taken in to account when replying.  If for nothing else it's rude and arrogant....and will not attract people to this board.  :thumbdown

/stepping off soapbox.

I could not agree with the above words more. Well Said!!!

Dakota SunRunner

:}

Quick observation:  I have been watching/using this board for over 2 years now and I feel that I must point out a disturbing trend.

I thought this board was created to help others, not belittle their search methods  or lack thereof.  Yes, several of the people that are here are bug-eyed geeks that sit behind their computers all day, but the fact of the matter is that most of the people that are asking for help, or searching for it are not.

This should be taken in to account when replying.  If for nothing else it's rude and arrogant....and will not attract people to this board.  :thumbdown

/stepping off soapbox.

Agreed :thumbup

i can't agree with that sorry.

i've spent here many time and i see a lot of questions i can answer but nobody have enough time to do it!, do you have think how many time takes explain everyone what the "blaster worm" it's?

please, any1 until post a question have to do a little search first in google and after that (if he can't find the answer in this forum) i'll be glad to help.

this forum can't point some1 a page to find 823890 & 835732 hotfixes. there a lot, and i mean a LOT of pages that can do this before this forum. just my point of view ;)

/stepping off soapbox.

Couldn't agree with you more rcwalker.

I was helping the guy out. :blink:

As it seems that it was my post that started this, I think it is better to clarify HOW my post was made:

1) It qives an effective answer to the problem posted (I do not think this can be called not being helpful, nor "disturbing").

2) It gives advice on how one could obtain the same result directly, without need to wait for someone to read the message and help.

3) It has some HUMOUR in it, I honestly do not think that it is either rude or arrogant, besides, judging from cancer10 reply, it seems like he has, luckily enough, the sense of humour which maybe some other people is missing.

As I try to be as helpful as I can, I think that answering this kind of questions takes time that cannot be devoted to help other people in far deeper troubles.

This is just common sense, just like you won't phone your father at 3:00 A.M. to ask him if you should put gasoline or diesel in your car, you should refrain from asking questions which answers are readily available on the net, that does not need to be set in rules.

Besides, I haven't set Forum Rules, but becoming a member I have read and accepted them, and I expect all others to do the same.

(see rule 7.B)

jaclaz

/stepping off soapbox.

Agreed 2 u 100% :thumbup

i can't agree with that sorry.

i've spent here many time and i see a lot of questions i can answer but nobody have enough time to do it!, do you have think how many time takes explain everyone what the "blaster worm" it's?

please, any1 until post a question have to do a little search first in google and after that (if he can't find the answer in this forum) i'll be glad to help.

this forum can't point some1 a page to find 823890 & 835732 hotfixes. there a lot, and i mean a LOT of pages that can do this before this forum. just my point of view ;)

There r morons in this world who don't even know wot a search engine is. I am one of them, so wot u want to suggest 4 ppl like me? :P

There r morons in this world who don't even know wot a search engine is. I am one of them, so wot u want to suggest 4 ppl like me?  :P

Well, I think it is becoming ridiculous, if one does not know what Google is, he does not even know what the Blaster Worm is, as he probably uses his PC as doorstopper! :D

Definitely he won't know what 823890 & 835732 hotfixes are, it has got no animated avatar, does not know this board exists.

jaclaz

There r morons in this world who don't even know wot a search engine is. I am one of them, so wot u want to suggest 4 ppl like me?  :P

Well, I think it is becoming ridiculous, if one does not know what Google is, he does not even know what the Blaster Worm is, as he probably uses his PC as doorstopper! :D

Definitely he won't know what 823890 & 835732 hotfixes are, it has got no animated avatar, does not know this board exists.

jaclaz

A live example of such moron is posting a reply to your statement.