Login and Logout automaticlly.

yi_shiang

Are you using the same login each time? Try logging in as a different user, it could very well be something profile specific. Had this happen on a PC at work, something in the profile was messed up.

Paul

Yes, she is using the same user all the time.

The best thing to do would be removal of all entries from the startup folder by connecting disk to another computer or and/or connecting to remote registry on that computer and delete all suspicious entries from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Are you able to log in under one account but not another? If you are able to get to an admin account, I would copy the Default User's NTUSER.DAT file over top of the affected user. She will lose her registry keys, but not her files.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the profile, and have her log in. The problem should be gone.

One of our friends from this forum has fixed the problem with similiar simptoms in the next way:

1 Get into the recovery console. XP cd

2 Get the file userinit.exe from another computer. (location windows/system32 folder)

3.- Overwrite the userinit.exe original file (from the infected computer) with the new one (use a cd or disk to transport it)

(Command e:/userinit.exe c:/windows/system32/userinit.exe)

4.- Rename the userinit.exe to wsaupdater.exe

And that should fix your problem .

The reason of the problem is that Norton Anti-Virus placed that one importent file in Quarentine

Maybe this'll help...

Once again, try logging in as a different user. If you can successfully login, then something in the profile is causing the problem. If you still get the same results with a different user, then its a global problem and at that point I'd recommend a repair.

Repair -> boot off windows XP cd, hit enter at first screen, F8 and then when it detects your previous windows install, hit R to repair.

time needed: about 45 min

Profile problem -> make a new user and move the current "problem" user's my docs, favorites and desktop stuf fto the new profile. After you are satified the user has all their docs, delete the old profile.

time needed: about 10 min

Paul

I'm having this problem with a computer at work. I'm starting to think its a virus, but not sure... I've tried classic and fast switch user logons, and I've tried com (the customer's account) and administrator, but neither work. We've had this problem before a few times, and every time our only option has been to back up their files and format the computer.