Logitech Quickcam - Soundcard Problem

Candy

I need help,

About two weeks ago I installed a Logitech Quickcam (messenger) on to my computer but as soon as I did so my soundcard stopped wqorking. Now i've called the local computer shop and asked him what he thought it was he said it's quite likly the drivers for my soundcard and my camera conflicted nad the camera came out on top. so now I am trying to reinstall my soundcard. when i go into system properties and look at the properties for my soundcard is says " the CONFIGMG.VXD device loader(s) for this device could not load the device driver. (code 2.)" then below that it says " to fix this, click update driver to update the device driver" so i click it and it does what it's supposed to and installs and updated driver and i restart and my sound still doesn't work. I'm still learing stuff on my computer but I'm not stupid, but here i just don't know if what i'm doing is right or even whats going on any suggestions cause all i wanna do is be able to hear sound again! :(

Thanks alot for anyhelp anyone has to offer

@Candy

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

Forum Rules

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that it's a conflict because Webcam and Soundcard are two completely different things. Maybe it just overheated.

Did you open up your computer box? Maybe you accidently pulled out a wire.

(my friend once bought 3 s-cards cause he thought they were broken :lol: )

• 1 month later...

If you will read some other posts on other topics you will find out that Stanislavs has alot to say but none of it is very useful. :wacko:

Depending on the age of your sytem you may have a legacy sound card that requires IRQ 5. You can reserve IRQs in your BIOS for legacy cards. With that being said unplug your webcam and go to device manager and remove the sound card from your system. Then reboot if the sound card is PnP then Windows will recognize the card and try to install the drivers. If you don't have the drivers then find out what kind of soundcard you have and goto http://www.driverguide.com and download the drivers before you restart so that you can point the install back to the folder where the drivers you downloaded are located. :hello: