add fonts?

Registering can be done like my sample:

;Register the font used within the Sentinel theme.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
"BankGothic Md BT (TrueType)"="BNKGOTHM.TTF"

Good luck if you want to add another 100 or so of those..!! :P

I've never understood why not just open the fonts folder after installation to let Windows install them instead. Heck, you could probably even write a little VB Script to open and close the Windows font folder automatically.

I dont see why you dont just copy all your fonts into the fonts folder (to install them), and then go export that registry key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

It does all the work for you, and you just edit out the default fonts. Bam, and your done! No typing required.

Here's an idea for how to expand on that. Do a fresh install in a VirtualPC environment (or an a computer with no extra fonts installed). Take a registry snapshot with a program like Advanced Registry Tracer. Add the fonts. Take another registry snapshot.

Compare and export the differences and botta-bing! :P

As RyanVM said

Just open it.

If I change and add or remove some Fonts i have to fix the reg so it's easier for me to just add this to end of my Cleanup.cmd.

REG ADD HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce /V RegisterFonts /D "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,/root,%systemroot%\Fonts"

EDIT: I cleaned it up, don't need to SET KEY=

You see I'm adding to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER Runonce, that work's and all it does is open a window to the Fonts folder in explorer. You simply close it. Not worth trying to kill it cause first you'd need a sleep or wait so the window will open first. Probably take a vbs file to get the process running the Fonts folder to kill it and not explorer.exe that's running desktop.

I'm sure theres a way using a long .vbs but is it worth messing with? Not to me

Edited by maxXPsoft

First off, be gentle for me, this is my first post here :)

I've searched the forums and tried to find the answers by myself, but I haven't had any luck. Perhaps I've not used the correct search terms... Any way, to the point now.

I 7-zipped all the fonts I want to add to my unattended Windows setup. run this in RunOnceEx and it actually works (I have 7z.exe in \system32):

REG ADD %KEY%\015 /VE /D "Fonts" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 1 /D "7z.exe e %systemdrive%\Install\Fonts.7z -o%windir%\Fonts" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\015 /V 2 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Fonts.reg" /f

Now I was wondering if it was possible not to have the 7-zip window open up? I tried running a fonts.cmd (with cmdow @ /HID) and when I ran it on my computer to test if it works, it worked, but when I run it in RunOnceEx, it doesn't work. It goes straight over the "Fonts" part. And yes, I had it pointing to the fonts.cmd.

Also, a bit off-topic, I wanted to have Windows restarting automatically after RunOnceEx, so I wouldn't need to manually restart, with

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 30 -c "Windows XP will now restart in 30 seconds..."

in my cleanup.cmd, but it doesn't restart. Any ideas how to do that? Can I even run shutdown.exe in RunOnceEx?

Thanks in advance.

anza

your command is correct for shutdown

you are calling Cleanup.cmd from runoncEX?

mine at end of RunoncEX is

REG ADD %KEY%\" & iREX & " /V 1 /D ""%systemdrive%\Install\cleanup.cmd"" /f

yours may differ a little cause that's my program add's value's