ATI Control Center

j4ever

Just got released today. Apparently after you install it, it disables the control panel and if you want to use the control panel again, you must uninstall control center. anyways, does anybody know how to install the control center from runonceex? In another post, we have learned to install the ATI 4.8 driver along with control panel with these lines:

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "ATI Control Panel 4.8 w/ SmartGART" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\001_Video\Setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\ATI_CPanel\Setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss" /f

It would be nice if we could add to these lines with control center!

ATI has changed the way for the Control Center install. I am able to install using the standard .iss switches all the way till the part where it prompts for the reboot option. The problem is that this reboot screen is not part of the standard Installshield application. I tried several different options and none of them seem to work for this particular screen. Ultimately the only way I found to get around this was to use the PSKill/Taskkill command .

So here goes

Setup.iss (make a text file and copy/paste the following in it and rename it to setup.iss)

[installShield Silent]Version=v6.00.000

File=Response File

[File Transfer]

OverwrittenReadOnly=NoToAll

[{43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-DlgOrder]

Dlg0={43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdWelcome-0

Count=5

Dlg1={43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdLicense-0

Dlg2={43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdOptionsButtons-0

Dlg3={43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-RebootDialog-0

Dlg4={43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdFinish-0

[{43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

[{43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdLicense-0]

Result=1

[{43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdOptionsButtons-0]

Result=101

[{43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-RebootDialog-0]

Choice=0

[{43801800-CFEE-11D2-A41B-006097B55AD3}-SdFinish-0]

Result=1

the run setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss

Finally use (I prefer PSKill)

PSKill.exe aticim.bin

....to finish off your installation.

BPP

so i am with u up to the pskill.exe part. i have no idea what that is and what i should do next! how do i use pskill.exe....what do i put in my runonceex.cmd?

i added the setup.iss file and this is what i put in my runonceex:

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Programs" /f

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "ATI Control Panel 4.8 w/ SmartGART" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Drivers\001_Video\Setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\ATI_CPanel\Setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss" /f

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "ATI Control Center"
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "systemdrive%\Install\ATI_CCenter\Setup.exe -s -f1 setup.iss

EXIT

This prolly isnt right seeing as how you mentioned about the PSKILL.exe, but I don't know what the hell that is or what to do!

forgive me for not knowing this stuff, but could you give me the command i need to put in so that pskill.exe prevents it from restarting? i really don't know what the hell im doing with this. now i have pskill.exe in my system32 folder, but i don't know what to do with it. i don't know how to make a commad with it. what do i put in my runonceex?

why not using the msi file in the ACE-directory of the extracted download?

space saving in a 7-Zip SFX: 8.8mb (19mb to 10.2mb)

guide:

1) download wxp-CATALYST-CONTROL-CENTER-17307.exe from ati.com.

2) execute wxp-CATALYST-CONTROL-CENTER-17307.exe.

3) the second dialogue will ask you where you want to save your files. enter a temporary directory of your choice. alternatively you can extract the file using e.g. winrar. cancel setup after the files are extracted.

4) go to that temporary directory and open the folder ACE.

5) rename ATI Catalyst Control Center.msi to something easy like ACE.msi.

6) start msiexec /a ACE.msi and setup will create an administrative installpoint for you in a directory of your choice. this is optional but as there is a setup.exe in the ACE directory i'm unsure if it is needed or not. i suppose it includes only the windows installer runtimes.

7) compress the directory of the last step using 7-Zip or WinRAR or whatever you like. I prefer 7-Zip.

8) add the following code to your RunOnceEx or whatever program installs for you at GuiRunOnce:

ACE.msi /QN REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

9) you're done!

Let me give this one a look over after I get some sleep...

It looks like if you extract the drivers you can just plop them in the slot where you put the rest of the drivers,,

this is where I have mine...

D:\XPCD\SS-Root\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\040_ATI_9700_Pro

that loads the drivers

put this in the winnt.sif

[Display]
BitsPerPel = 32
Vrefresh = 75
XResolution = 1024
YResolution = 768

I also put my monitor drivers in this folder

D:\XPCD\SS-Root\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\050_Samtron_Monitor

Both mY monitors light off both enabled and running at the about resolutions

see the tutorial on adding drivers it works...

This way the only thing you will have to deal with is the control panel

I just looked at an old one and there is already a setup.iss file in the control panel you many have to delete that one and do the -r /r trick which ever one was on the help page... the new setup.iss will be in the windows folder... I will have to look at the new files downloading now and need sleep.. I will let my brain think while I sleep...

Mac!

ATI has changed the way for the Control Center install. I am able to install using the standard .iss switches all the way till the part where it prompts for the reboot option. The problem is that this reboot screen is not part of the standard Installshield application....

I have not had that problem (with 4.8 drivers/control panel/wdm). I will post my setup.iss file later today.

EDIT -- Nevermind, my bad, thinking of something else.

when i try to run the msiexec commad i get an error. it says the Isscript engine is missing from the machiene.

maybe its cause im using an nvidia machiene to do this? (i am getting the drivers prepared for an ati machiene coming in the mail soon.)

maybe somebody can send me the files after it has an admin install point?

Ok somebody let me know if I did something wrong here:

This is how I have it set to install:

Runonceex.cmd

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Programs" /f

IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\020 /VE /D "ATI Catalyst Control Center" /f
IF EXIST %systemroot%\system32\atiddc.dll REG ADD %KEY%\020 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\ATI_CCenter\Setup.exe" /f

EXIT

the first part is from another thread here (need help with ati 4.8) and thats where those keys are. That will install control panel with smart gart. after that is done i put those keys there to install control center (i named the sfx archive setup.exe). The if exist is only there just in case if the atiddc.dll isnt installed, the installer won't start for the panel and center.

my sfx archive in the comments tab looks like this:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=ACE.msi /QN /REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

if something is wrong...please let me know!