Acrobat 6.02

Yeah, but the interface would be the only thing affected.

This does almost nothing for saving space on your CD though. The basic installer for 6.02 is 11.8 MBs. The basic 6.01 is only 8.7MBs and the update is another 4.2MBs. So, you only save 1 MB. I think I'll stick with the English version I have and apply the update. Both can be done automatically.

hey, what about an Adobe Reader 6.0.2 "Lite" Version, without most of the plugins, that just slowdown AR6's startup? ;)
You can do precisely that with AR-Speedup available for download here.

The Windows-English update from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 is here. Since there isn't a direct 6.0.2 installer for all languages yet, I'll see if I can patch the original 6.0.1 MSI with the new MSP from the update (if exists). If I succeed, I'll post the how-to here.

Oh well, the update doesn't have a patch within the package. :realmad: Its a direct installer.

Anyway, here's what you can do:

1. Start the original Acrobat 6.0.1 setup.

2. It will de-compress itself from the FEAD optimizer

3. Look in "C:\Windows\Cache" for the installer with MSI.

4. Open a command-window into that folder, and run the main MSI with the "/A" switch to make an admin-install point folder.

5. Copy away that folder safely, and install from there.

6. Download the 6.0.2 update, and start the setup, but don't click "Next".

7. Look in the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp\_is---" to get the extracted update.

8. Now keep both the admin-install and the update in one folder.

9. SFX them to extract silently to a folder of your choice.

10.Have your unattended scripts run both (the main+update) the MSIs with the /QB switch.

The total time-saved during uA setup = 2 mins.

Space saved on CD = 10 MB.

yeah sorry because i didn't get the thing, i knew that a full 6.02 installer was available but i posted only the update not the full :blushing:

mmm... about slipstreaming 6.01+6.02 when you try to install the update and acrobat it's not installed the thing creates a .msi file on adobe directory (the .msi file can not be extracted from the .exe file) don't know if it can help...

Oh well, the update doesn't have a patch within the package. :realmad: Its a direct installer.

Anyway, here's what you can do:

1.  Start the original Acrobat 6.0.1 setup.

2.  It will de-compress itself from the FEAD optimizer

3.  Look in "C:\Windows\Cache" for the installer with MSI.

4.  Open a command-window into that folder, and run the main MSI with the "/A" switch to make an admin-install point folder.

5.  Copy away that folder safely, and install from there.

6.  Download the 6.0.2 update, and start the setup, but don't click "Next".

7.  Look in the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temp\_is---" to get the extracted update.

8.  Now keep both the admin-install and the update in one folder.

9.  SFX them to extract silently to a folder of your choice.

10.Have your unattended scripts run both (the main+update) the MSIs with the /QB switch.

The total time-saved during uA setup = 2 mins.

Space saved on CD = 10 MB.

Thanks, but /A brings an error, also other parameters (/?)

EDIT: Oh, I had a typo :blushing:

Now it works, Thanks

If you have acrobat already installed, its possible that the "/A" might not work. Also, since you say that using "/?" gives errors as well, check if there are any spaces in the exe you are trying to run. If there are, then this is how it should be run:

"The Spaced AR6 installer.exe" /A
Note the quotes around the file-name. Please also check if you had tried steps 1-3 properly.

Hoping this helps... :)

The tutorial above SHOULD work without errors on all languages in all situations. It is useful for English (and other languages) version of AR6 which hasn't yet been updated.

EDIT : AWWW!!! saw that you got it to work just now.

Well, then this post serves as a trouble-shooter for those who run into errors.

this whole thread is insanely helpful. Acrobat was one of the ones i was struggling with. thanks guys.

BTW Central European refers to the codepage

Albanian, Croat, Czech, Dutch, English, German, Hungarian, Irish, Polish, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene and Sorbian.

http://www.eff.co.uk/W/Alpha/L2.htm

but Windows uses 'Windows Standard (Code Page 1252)' as default for english. i hope this doesn't cause any issues since i removed Central European w/ nLite. :} anyone test this yet?

i know this isn't the place for it, but i can't find this on Adobe's site for some reason (probably blindness). what's the dif btwn the Full and Basic versions?

Edit: Aha! they hid it.

Search PDF files

Activate accessibility features built into PDF files

View Adobe Photoshop Album slide shows and electronic cards, extract pictures, and order prints

Play back embedded movies, animation, and sound

View, organize, and purchase eBooks