.NET Framework...

oh, ok....

I didnt know sp2 already had .net. Well that makes things easier. One more quick question. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'll keep it short and put it here.

The guide for importing registry tweaks in an unattended install shown here also mentions importing tweaks for HKEY_CURRENT_USER to all the users. My question is that if I have HKEY_CURRENT_USER reg tweaks in the file specifically for HKEY_CURRENT_USER tweaks that apply to all users, do I still need those tweaks in the main file with the other types of reg tweaks [ie: HKLM, etc...]?

Hope it's not too confusing :)

i believe framework 1.1 is included in SP2..... so no need to integrate it again. that example you show us is for who have SP1 which dont include framework 1.1

:)

You sure about that? I don't think it does, and the version they update in the netfx.cab is 1.0 still, not to 1.1 if I'm not mistaken.

.net framework comes on the cd but it's not installed, it's in the DOTNETFX directory. At least thats how it is on my sp1a cd that came with my system

You can silently install it with your [GuiRunOnce] section of your winnt.sif file.

Actually, I just learnt that SP2 does not come with ANY version of the .NET Framework... However, I did manage to find a way to partially integrate .net... anyways this will do for me since I always won't wanna install it. The link is here incase anyone wants to see.

i believe framework 1.1 is included in SP2..... so no need to integrate it again. that example you show us is for who have SP1 which dont include framework 1.1

:)

You sure about that? I don't think it does, and the version they update in the netfx.cab is 1.0 still, not to 1.1 if I'm not mistaken.

i am not sure, so i say "i believe"

edit: i cant find proof to show the framework is included. i have read it somewhere but i cant find back. maybe i have misread it.

net framework it's NOT installed together with SP2, it comes as an addon in some XP versions (don't know if it's corporate, some OEMs or so). you can select to install it from the xp autorun dialog. what it's sure, is that framework isn't installed when slipstriming sp2 into sp1/sp1a/vanilla version.

Microsoft doesn't want .net framework to be something on every pc? why they don't just install it with the OS would make developing .net apps more appealing :rolleyes:

Well, running good old EXE at the end of XP install :)

Yeah,

why didn't they just integrate .NET into XP SP2, like they did with Svr2k3?

Anyway, .net framework currently isn't integrated. And the CMPNENTS folder contains v1.0. So, the only good option is to look up the official guide here: .NET, and do your uA setups.